Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Newbie with lots of domais. Help!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
reg fee names

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh well. Thats 50 bucks down the drain. I've lost more money in other stuff than this.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh well. Thats 50 bucks down the drain. I've lost more money in other stuff than this.

Thats the spirit, expect to spend and probably lose a lot more before your done

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've lost about $50 (if not more) on regging bad domains. It's all part of the fun :p Just keep trying, and you'll know what's good and what's not soon enough :)

(Although I still think that Grea8.com is a nice domain!)

nrmillions

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Grea8.com is pretty good for a fresh reg .com, but the others are worthless. Since you are a newbie I wouldnt reg any more names until you spend a few more months researching the forums and other places and learn a little more. For now just stick to buying aftermarket names. Your names arent nearly as bad as a lot of newbie names I see being regged that have TM issues and tons of hyphens and useless extensions. Good luck with your domaining and I would recommend you at least upgrade to platinum on here so you can sell or auction off your names and you can buy aftermarket names from other people on here.

OXCELL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I applaud your creativity and can only suggest that if you feel strongly about some of these names why not put your creativity to work in developing a web business with some of them and if you show some success you will start a stampede of interest in aquisitions.
Best of luck to you.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
grea8.com sounds good...maybe low xx ...good luck

phdsandman

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of the harsh realities that may or may not have set in, is that these names are not going to re-sell. Even grea8.com, while memorable, pronounceable, and possibly cool dependent on the level of personal amusement, is not of any worth to most of the domainers on here unless they have an idea for development. The person you and mostly everyone else is looking for is an end-user and they are a little harder to get a hold of. What you need to do is develop these with ppc, get some kind of relevant content on them, get traffic, possibly revenue, and then sell. That is probably a lot to digest right now, but believe me, i've been in the same position, and wasted much more money than $50 on failed ventures, but guess what Abe Lincoln failed his whole life until he was elected president by the time he was 51. Cheers man, don't give up.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's any consolation Sashas, Ive been pretending to know what I am doing for awhile now and Im still losing my a$$. Not so grea8.

Imm

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sashas, I was like you when I first started domaining in end 2005. I bought names like l33tgeek.com and thought "Wow.. such a leet sounding name, it must be worth x,xxx to xx,xxx". The following year I ended up dropping about 100 names or more. It's good that you have lost only $50 so far and it's a good learning experience for that.

Some of the earlier posts offered good advice like checking out the for sale forum sections and see which type of names are valuable and which are not. I think it is a good start from there.

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hopefull after 3 years he is doing much better LOL...way to dig up an old post!

Imm

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dang I was searching for something and came across this thread, saw 25 june but did not see the year on the last post.. sorry my bad!

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Sasha,

We all have been there once or twice before, wasting tons of money before realizing the value is not in what we think but what others think and for me it took a long time to understand the market even today I still get hung up on value sometimes as it is a buyers world if not experienced.

The best name you have going for you is in your signature. My advice is keep on reading and follow the news.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators