Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Newbies bumping old (Domains Wanted) threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just some IDEAS:

Isn't there some kind of hack DNF can implement that prevents members that joined within the last 3 weeks and don't have an X-amount of posts (and thus hardly have any DNF experience) yet be prevented from posting in (= bumping) 'DOMAINS WANTED' threads that were started longer than, say, 3 weeks ago? And then when they DO try to post in such thread, maybe a 'warning' can open that says they should not reactivate old 'Domains Wanted' threads, plus it can also suggest they read the Forum Rules before they make any more 'mistakes'.

Alternately, prevent old 'DOMAINS WANTED' threads to show up for them in search results of searches they did! :-D That's how they come across those old threads anyway, by searching for certain topics that they hope they can sell their domains in.

Or:
Can't 'DOMAINS WANTED' threads be always automatically closed after, say, 3 weeks?

Rob

Upvote 0

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think radi and I are discussing of why his sales thread was closed, while other mods continue to bump.

EDIT: Wow, im actually right for once! :cheeky:

DOUBLE EDIT: Do not spam the forums. Only post one thread per topic or sale, and do not cut and paste it or change it slightly and post it to other forums.

hmhmhm, how will you get around that?

GlobalFusion

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, unless the TTL is set to less than 24hrs your thread was closed for reasons other than this new hack being installed.

your lost post was at: Yesterday, 02:15 PM (less than 24hrs)

Peeved off any Mods lately?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Duncan said:
I think radi and I are discussing of why his sales thread was closed, while other mods continue to bump.

EDIT: Wow, im actually right for once! :cheeky:

DOUBLE EDIT: Do not spam the forums. Only post one thread per topic or sale, and do not cut and paste it or change it slightly and post it to other forums.

hmhmhm, how will you get around that?

As I said, it was all neat and tidy with 1 thread active in the Advertising section.

I offer several different domain lists and Advertising is where they get listed under.

Are you saying that people cannot post the same domain over and over daily? You are having some grand delusion: it happens very often and it's 100% legal.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do not spam the forums. Only post one thread per topic or sale, and do not cut and paste it or change it slightly and post it to other forums.

This is not my logic, I found it in the rules ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I ask you again: I can't post the same domain every 24 hours? Because I will be sure as hell be reporting about 20 such threads.

We need some answers here, because I am fed up with the way DNF is turning into a playground run by mods that lack training. I have already complained to Adam about it and haven't received any answers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
See my post above. I think you've already done a fabulous job being a poster boy for the rules and whatnot. So what's your educated guess on my question?

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In all my honesty I would tell you this:

---- Start Duncan Legal Jargon ---

Do not make multiple threads, only create 1 thead. Put a link to it in your signature that it gains publicity. Edit the first post of the thread instead of bumping it with your "updated list". Buying will bump your thread with "Sold". I mean I could create a thread in Platinum Forums about how many seconds left till im 80 years old.. Thread would always be updating... but would it be for the greater of the forum? And would they care :p !

--- End Duncan Legal Jargon ---

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Feel free to report my threads - if they break the rules. I warrantee you, they don't. Legal mumbo jumbo by users is as good as a DNF dollar: $0.0065 or so.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ok free icecream to everyone. I am off.

GlobalFusion

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
I agree, I don't even know what "Jargon" means, but it sounded good.
LMAO!

-----------------
jar·gon http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg
  1. Nonsensical, incoherent, or meaningless talk.
  2. A hybrid language or dialect; a pidgin.
  3. The specialized or technical language of a trade, profession, or similar group. See Synonyms at dialect.
  4. Speech or writing having unusual or pretentious vocabulary, convoluted phrasing, and vague meaning.
-----------------

RADiSTAR said:
Feel free to report my threads - if they break the rules. I warrantee you, they don't. Legal mumbo jumbo by users is as good as a DNF dollar: $0.0065 or so.

If it was closed for bumping... then I think you MUST have pissed off a mod. I see many threads go by that are obviously bumped on purpose as opposed to providing extra information that go completely untouched.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
On another note: now you can buy Ribbons from the Store. I feel so purdy now :-D Bought six.

GlobalFusion

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
On another note: now you can buy Ribbons from the Store. I feel so purdy now :-D Bought six.

The question is... will there be real $$ donated to charities supporting the causes those ribbons represent? ;)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Incidentally, I was the reason the 24 hour locking of threads with automerge was implemented. I suggested that hack to GiantDomains.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom