• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale newdentity.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2002
Messages
3,119
Reaction score
1
Have you ever wondered how newdentity.com ( the register for NameWinner ) can register so many drops ?

Because it’s just an ordinary register

Snapnames use 17 or more registers.

Namewinner just uses newdentity.com and occasionally Dotster

How come newdentity.com is so successful ?
 
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Have you ever wondered how newdentity.com ( the register for NameWinner ) can register so many drops ?

Because it’s just an ordinary register

Snapnames use 17 or more registers.

Namewinner just uses newdentity.com and occasionally Dotster

How come newdentity.com is so successful ?

Ask them!
I think they most have very good connection, very fast.
 
I also wish to know this thing :)
I see the following reasons... I may be completely wrong though...
1. There MIGHT appear some new issues in regards to exact deletion time (in milliseconds?). For example, what if it is now possible to retreive exact timestamp when the name was setup to "pending delete", add 6 days and hunt for it around one or two seconds - predeterminated time? So it would not be necessary to hunt for 20 minutes.
2. Snapnames has too many bad names queued. I've recently seen somebody snapped adult-related name with two double-dashes in it ("--"), three words and ZERO link popularity.
Why pay $69 for it - I have no idea.
3. 17 registrars for snapnames may not be synchronized, say one registrar may still hunt for domain while another snap-registrar had already got it. Waste of resources...
4. Total connection pool used by snapnames may be not so powerful as we expect. First, we do not know if every registrar offers them 100% of its drop-pool connections. Second, they may not actively use some registrars listed... I see almost no domains are snapped via netsol or bulkregister. Is it financial reasons?

There may be other issues as well... All facts above does not explain why ULT shows bad results in his direct registrations (melbourneit) (good result for domainers :)
... and dropwizard does not have much success (bad for domainers... :(
 
...or maybe Snap doesn't really have 17 Registrars.
...and maybe NameWinner DOES have more than you think.

just a thought.
 
I think Snapnames pays the registers for each name caught from their list ?

NameWinner - has newdentity and dotster and now mydomain to - maybe they have a cut down list and force it through the retail script as well as the drop pool ? their success and money they make is why they are against WLS


- money shouldn't be passed about at register level

- We should report every case to ICANN ( which won't do any good )
 
It would be very interesting if NW has 3 or more registrars available. Although I see the method how to "hide" this fact and always show either dotster or newdentity in next whois update.
But what are the reasons to hide this fact?

By the way, wasn't one of snapnames registrars asquired by dotster last year?
 
I found that NamesDirect was also working for NameWinner.
 
Originally posted by mohno
I found that NamesDirect was also working for NameWinner.

If that is true then they must have ditched Snapnames. NamesDirect caught me a domain name last year that I had the snap on. I'm currently 'wrestling' with them to get it transferred to ENOM. NamesDirect aren't playing ball.
 
26th

"turning.net" is registered with whois.namesdirect.com
 
Originally posted by Whois-Search
- money shouldn't be passed about at register level
[/B]

The same thing is often said about domain name speculators.
 
Originally posted by Whois-Search
26th

"turning.net" is registered with whois.namesdirect.com

Wow yes they use namesdirect but in my opinion also idregistrar, I remember some time ago there was PENDING a good 3 letter .com and idregistrar was the registrar,

Can it be?
 
namewinner is also after more connections to the drop pool; Dotster has already to much traffic to use alone. It just improves it's success rate.

P L A Y
 
Mar 26 results in _my_ database :)

DotSter(NameWinner/$8.75) ... 79
NewDentity(NameWinner) ... 20
RegistrationTek(BuyDomains) ... 20
Network Solutions(SnapNames) ... 13
NamesDirect(NameWinner) ... 13
dodora(SnapNames) ... 8
DotRegistrar ... 8
OnlineNIC ... 8
Go Daddy ... 8
Libris(Eurobox) ... 6
register ... 6
GalComm/SiteName(BuyDomains) ... 5
NameSecure ... 5
DomainDiscount24(SnapNames) ... 5
1dni(SnapNames) ... 5
Tucows/OpenSRS ... 5
DomainPeople(SnapNames) ... 5
Omnis(BuyDomains) ... 4
PairNIC(SnapNames) ... 4
BulkRegister(SnapNames) ... 4
DirectI(SnapNames) ... 4
eNom ... 3
DOREGI ... 3
TotalRegistrations(BuyDomains) ... 3
GalComm(BuyDomains) ... 3
NamesBeyond(SnapNames) ... 3
DomainZoo(BuyDomains) ... 3
NameBay(SnapNames) ... 3

*These numbers may include manual registered domains.
*They are not based on all drops.
I checked only 663 drops in this day.
Please remember this is just information from _my_ database.

Is there so big difference in bandwidth between each registrar and registry?
Anyway, I believe NameWinner has highly tuned their systems.
 
Originally posted by stuff


Wow yes they use namesdirect but in my opinion also idregistrar, I remember some time ago there was PENDING a good 3 letter .com and idregistrar was the registrar,

Can it be?

What is the domain ?
IDRegister recently got availables.com, girlstown.com, mikie.com, tilts.com, for example.
They are not PENDING in NameWinner.
 
Originally posted by mohno


What is the domain ?
IDRegister recently got availables.com, girlstown.com, mikie.com, tilts.com, for example.
They are not PENDING in NameWinner.

Mohno I doN´t remember, I did remove the name from my watch list, so I can`t tell,

PS! I can also be wrong,
 
Just for your information.
The numbers I posted are just based on domains which I was watching. I didn't check all drops.
 
My first name with namewinner/namesdirect is
gamblingeurope.com, nice I can see this name in my dotster account, edit nameservers and so on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom