Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

NewYorkStockMarket.net .info .us

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have decided to create a new thread as I could not change the wrong title of the other one anymore. I hope this doesn't cause more trouble than I already produced.

So here goes...

Is there a danger that I have a potential trademark conflict on my hands by owning NewYorkStockMarket.net .info and .us ?

There a NO trademarks registered for "New York Stock Market" but there are active ones for "New York Stock Exchange" or "NYSE". Are my domain names too similar to the trademarks?

And second question:
If there actually is a chance for a trademark conflict, should I contact the NYSE trademark holders to ask them whether or not I can keep the domains?

I don't want to cybersquat, so if there is a chance for keeping the domains without trademark problems I'd be happy to, but if there is any chance for serious trouble then I'd rather simply get rid of my domains by handing them over to them for free.

Thank you for your help on this issue!

Reinhard

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The NYSE might complain about it... anybody can complain about anything... but you would seem to stand a much better chance of winning against them for this name than for the ones you posted earlier; while "NewYorkStockMarket" might bring the NYSE to mind, it doesn't directly duplicate their trademark, and in fact consists of generic terms referring to any stock market in New York City (or New York State).

rhopperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great! Thanks dtobias, that's what I had hoped for. There are (to my knowledge) several stock markets in new york and not only the NYSE which holds the trademark on the New York Stock Exchange.

I would be glad if I was out of deep water with my domains.

And thank you for your help!
Reinhard

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have DelhiStockExchange.com , .net , .org . Any comments ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom