• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed NNN.ca? e.g. 767.ca, 895.ca, 627.ca, and nnn.ca in general

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

canames

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Hi, I have some nnn.ca domains, and am curious what people think nnn.ca domains in general are worth as well.

A couple of mine have branding possibilities, like:
767 .ca
895.ca


(e.g. $8.95/month for hosting)

...and then others are just random numbers like:
627.ca


What do people generally think they're worth? The nn.ca thread in the platinum lounge partly got me wondering about this. Unfortunately, I can't reply in there since I only have a Gold Account right now.

I'd say nnn.ca are worth at least $xxx... probably low/mid $xxx (at least to an end user), depending on branding possibilities, but I'm curious what others think.


Part of their benefit is due to the bilingual nature of Canada, since the numbers obviously work equally well for both English and French.
 
canames said:
The nn.ca thread in the platinum lounge partly got me wondering about this. Unfortunately, I can't reply in there since I only have a Gold Account right now.

Then upgrade your membership. It's worth it.
 
canames said:
Hi, I have some nnn.ca domains, and am curious what people think nnn.ca domains in general are worth as well.

A couple of mine have branding possibilities, like:
767 .ca
895.ca


(e.g. $8.95/month for hosting)

...and then others are just random numbers like:
627.ca


What do people generally think they're worth? The nn.ca thread in the platinum lounge partly got me wondering about this. Unfortunately, I can't reply in there since I only have a Gold Account right now.

I'd say nnn.ca are worth at least $xxx... probably low/mid $xxx (at least to an end user), depending on branding possibilities, but I'm curious what others think.


Part of their benefit is due to the bilingual nature of Canada, since the numbers obviously work equally well for both English and French.

I checked all the nnn.ca last year and 100's of them were unregistered. Has this changed? Valuation would depend on that. Personally I think NNN is much more memorable than LLL:jaw:
 
all NNN.ca are gone, at least above 100. There might still be some left that start with '0', but these aren't as good IMO because no one ever writes '078' or '034'.
 
hugegrowth said:
all NNN.ca are gone, at least above 100. There might still be some left that start with '0', but these aren't as good IMO because no one ever writes '078' or '034'.

Everything is gone from 100-999 but there are some zero,nn left. Help yourself if anyone wants these:

1, 035.CA
2, 051.CA
3, 052.CA
4, 053.CA
5, 054.CA
6, 055.CA
7, 056.CA
8, 057.CA
9, 058.CA
10, 059.CA
11, 061.CA
12, 062.CA
13, 063.CA
14, 064.CA
15, 065.CA
16, 066.CA
17, 067.CA
18, 068.CA
19, 069.CA
20, 071.CA
21, 072.CA
22, 073.CA
23, 074.CA
24, 075.CA
25, 076.CA
26, 078.CA
27, 079.CA
28, 081.CA
29, 082.CA
30, 083.CA
31, 084.CA
32, 085.CA
33, 086.CA
34, 087.CA
35, 089.CA
36, 091.CA
37, 092.CA
38, 093.CA
39, 094.CA
40, 095.CA
41, 096.CA
42, 097.CA
43, 098.CA
 
It would really depend. Some numbers would have more significance than others, for example 911, 411, 247, etc. Those could probably fetch upwards of xxxx. And as someone posted in the past in the numerics board, some numbers could have personal significance such as an important date, and in that case, that's anyone's guess as to the value.
 
RazorNF said:
It would really depend. Some numbers would have more significance than others, for example 911, 411, 247, etc. Those could probably fetch upwards of xxxx. And as someone posted in the past in the numerics board, some numbers could have personal significance such as an important date, and in that case, that's anyone's guess as to the value.

you forgot 666:devil_smile:
 
as an aside, checking cira today I saw that the guy who bought up all the NNN.ca has also bought up many NNNN.ca, especially the ones starting with '1', and the rounded numbers like 1600, 1700, and into the 1900's. Wish I had bought a few more of the NNN
 
hugegrowth said:
as an aside, checking cira today I saw that the guy who bought up all the NNN.ca has also bought up many NNNN.ca, especially the ones starting with '1', and the rounded numbers like 1600, 1700, and into the 1900's. Wish I had bought a few more of the NNN

my guess is the whois shows razordns and the poster above me is razornf. And both are from toronto. One and the same?

Perhaps he'd like to share his reasoning.
 
I can tell you of all the NNN, my bet would be that the person who owns 888.ca would fetch the most if he/she were to sell it.
 
Good idea buying them, Razor :) I see the value in them now.

tekz999 said:
Then upgrade your membership. It's worth it.

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm afraid of :) I've been spending too much time here lately, and would spend even more if I get a Platinum account and start selling. But I will soon when there's less on my plate.
 
I passed on regging likst 6 [N]50.ca domains this was only a little while ago too. Doh
 
vitakans said:
and most important 420

OK I'll bite. What's so important about 420:canada:

RazorNF said:
Well I can tell you that there's no question that people want them. The offers have been coming in from end users, and there has been a couple of nice amounts - but for the most part, mainly in the $50-$100 CDN range. Hoping I'll end up making a nice go of it.

I can tell you of all the NNN, my bet would be that the person who owns 888.ca would fetch the most if he/she were to sell it.

What's your connection to fast web server? Looking at 62.ca that is currently in auction at fastwebserver it shows the exact same email addy as your 1600.ca?

62.ca
Organization: Ashish Patel
Description: To prebook a TBR domain please visit: http://www.fastwebserver.ca
Admin-Name: Ashish Patel
Admin-Title:
Admin-Postal: 5863 Leslie St. Suite 307
Toronto ON M2H 1J8 Canada
Admin-Phone:
Admin-Fax:
Admin-Mailbox: censored
Tech-Name: Mr Michael Lawlor
Tech-Title:
Tech-Postal: 5863 Leslie St. Suite 307
Toronto ON M2H 1J8 Canada

1600.ca
Organization: **********
Description:
Admin-Name: **********
Admin-Title:
Admin-Postal:
Admin-Phone:
Admin-Fax:
Admin-Mailbox: censored !
Tech-Name: ************
Tech-Title:
Tech-Postal:
Tech-Phone:
 
No connection whatsoever.

The auction actually already ended on Monday.
I won it and haven't had the time to complete the registrant merge yet.
 
Thanks for the list DropWizard - grabbed 069.ca

420 - silly toronto area code I believe.
 
whitebark said:
Thanks for the list DropWizard - grabbed 069.ca

You're welcome. Let me know if it has any traffic. I'd be curious.:fish2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom