• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Non-Snap Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2002
Messages
2,635
Reaction score
0
Does anyone have stats on the names (whether snapped or not) that were caught by dropwizard, nicgenie, thefirstname and others for the past month or two? It would be nice to know what they DO catch. Also would like to see what priority they are giving to certain names if any.
 
I'll compile some on my own then and list it :)
 
This outta be good....
 
I have some lists made with Watch My Domains Pro, You need it to open them, this are the drop`s from march (0,5 MB. )

http://www.dotwords.com/Marts.zip

There are March
14-21, 29-31

Hope those help You.
 
I have some lists made with Watch My Domains Pro

Sorry, I don't support DomainGuru projects. :D :D
 
Originally posted by clemzonguy


Sorry don't support DomainGuru projects. :D :D

Ok
 
Whois-Search,

I have a couple of the names on your current list, (i.e., B-O.net). But, what is depressing is that I didn't know some of those other names dropped. I must have blinked when checking all of the list.

However, I alway check the following day to see who got the names that I was after. For example, I knew yesterday that BuyDomains got USimports.net Because, once again, I had the snap and NW and did not get it.

Whois or someone else, it would be very informative to see who got what.
 
once again, I had the snap and NW and did not get it.

Don't we know this senario too well.

I guess all they need to do is create the following code on a few names they like:

while(1) (infinite loop)
{
tryandregistername1
tryandregistername2
tryandregistername3
}


Snaps has many connections but they also have a larger list of names to go after. They get most of the names because of this as well as their supposedly supperior software. But if BuyDomains really wants a name they can get it by most likely placing a priority on a name. Namewinner gets great names by doing the same thing from what I gather and running the top names on one connection.

Here's the way I see other drop services. Some may not follow these examples at all.

while(1) (panning for gold)
{
tryandregistersomehighbiddednameandpray1
tryandregistersomehighbiddednameandpray2
}


and yet others with no particular priority (snapnames)

while(1)
{
tryandregistername1
tryandregistername2
.
.
.
tryandregisternameN (N = some high number)
}


(this this could be split up among registrars to make it smaller and more effective and most likely what snap does. then again I don't know. if they applied for a patent and get it maybe we can all read about it and find out)

Now there is the possibility that they can try and register two or more names simultaneously within the same timeframe using multithreading even giving a higher priority to certain processes and I don't know what the registry setup is....is it a FIFO (first in first out)? Is it a multiprocessor that can process several requests simultaniously in the same nanosecond? Is it multiple computers? How does one increase ping time and bandwidth to the registry? Many variables that could effect the outcome I guess.

None of which some of us know....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom