Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

intro Not here to sell my domains, that's a starter.

This thread is a member's introductory post on DNForum.com.

Jroolz

Level 1
Reaction score
Hello mates!
I've been hand regging domain names during the last couple of days and I'm here mostly to read and know more about this 'industry' if you like to call it that way.

For now, I have finished regging my first bunch of domains and I'm moving to the second phase which is to learn how to pick domain names with great potential and figure out ways to market them.

P.S: it seems that my post in the Domain Appraisal section has already been deleted, probably because I listed more domains than I should have. I'm also going to try my best to follow the rules here.

Domain summit 2024

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DNForum.
Your otherthread wasnt deleted....it was awaiting moderation as you are new here.

Jroolz

Level 1
Reaction score
No wonder why these threads kept on disappearing haha thanks for the welcome!

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would probably turn that rationale on its head.. Read and learn FIRST then buy names.

Also I would advise going for a liquid aftermarket name instead of handregging a bunch of names. Whats left for hand regs carry a very low chance of end user sell through.

Jroolz

Level 1
Reaction score
I would probably turn that rationale on its head.. Read and learn FIRST then buy names.

Also I would advise going for a liquid aftermarket name instead of handregging a bunch of names. Whats left for hand regs carry a very low chance of end user sell through.

I am reading and learning, but at the same time I am dipping one of my toes in the water to see how well I estimate my knowledge of it's temperature before going in. It doesn't mean I am going in in a short while, rather it could be years before I decide to put myself in the

Jroolz

Level 1
Reaction score
I am reading and learning, but at the same time I am dipping one of my toes in the water to see how well I estimate my knowledge of it's temperature before going in. It doesn't mean I am going in in a short while, rather it could be years before I decide to put myself in the

Continued... Domaining domain, financial wise.

Jroolz

Level 1
Reaction score
Also I would advise going for a liquid aftermarket name instead of handregging a bunch of names. Whats left for hand regs carry a very low chance of end user sell through

Yes but I am approaching this business while keeping it under a small budget because I don't want to renew 1000 domains in a couple of years (unless they are premiums). I am planning to resell a small portion of my few handregged to finance bargaining a liquid aftermarket name and I'll take it from there. It could take time, it could not, and I'm not in a rush.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes but I am approaching this business while keeping it under a small budget because I don't want to renew 1000 domains in a couple of years (unless they are premiums). I am planning to resell a small portion of my few handregged to finance bargaining a liquid aftermarket name and I'll take it from there. It could take time, it could not, and I'm not in a rush.

Its not if you are in a rush or not, its if you want to waste money or not. Most if not all hand regs available today will NEVER sell. Only person making money of those is the registrar you pay to reg them.

Regarding Aftermarket names; you can buy a 4L.COM for 150$. Much much higher chance of hitting an end user on one of those instead of trying to market 15 sub par hand regs. But by all means if you have it all figured out, then dont let my advice hold you back.

Reaction score
Just one thing. If a domain is available to hand reg it is not a premium. Those are long gone. There are people who like to use the 'premium' word but 99% of the time they are not - they just don't understand what it really means.

Jroolz

Level 1
Reaction score
Its not if you are in a rush or not, its if you want to waste money or not. Most if not all hand regs available today will NEVER sell. Only person making money of those is the registrar you pay to reg them.

Regarding Aftermarket names; you can buy a 4L.COM for 150$. Much much higher chance of hitting an end user on one of those instead of trying to market 15 sub par hand regs. But by all means if you have it all figured out, then dont let my advice hold you back.

Not in a rush to make up for the money I spent handregging these domains I mean.. My bet is that the keywords that I used have potential to be something of value in the future, what's hot now could be not tomorrow and vise versa. So 10-12 domains to keep and hold on while I learn more about this market before I start investing frankly.

Jroolz

Level 1
Reaction score
Just one thing. If a domain is available to hand reg it is not a premium. Those are long gone. There are people who like to use the 'premium' word but 99% of the time they are not - they just don't understand what it really means.

But the market (in its different niches) keeps on changing and there are plenty of keywords that have the potential to become brandable or of significant use later on. When the right buyer comes, they decide how 'premium' the domain is. That's my perspective.

Reaction score
Premium is not subjective. A buyer doesn't determine how 'premium' a domain is. He only determines whether he wants it or not. Also it is never buyers who tout domains as 'premium' it is sellers. For example 'insurance' is premium even if nobody buys it. 'mycheapcarinsurance' is not - even if it sells. Brandable domains are usually not premium domains because, by their very definition, they will be a non-existent word that a brand can be built upon. It usually refers to the 'category' killer. ie a domain that cannot be easily bettered. Taking the example 'insurance', you have also 'car insurance', 'boat insurance' etc However the second you start adding adjectives or usually a third word the domain is not premium. 'cheap car insurance' is not as you could also use 'inexpensive car insurance', 'affordable car insurance' etc to mean the same thing.

Jroolz

Level 1
Reaction score
Premium is not subjective. A buyer doesn't determine how 'premium' a domain is. He only determines whether he wants it or not. Also it is never buyers who tout domains as 'premium' it is sellers. For example 'insurance' is premium even if nobody buys it. 'mycheapcarinsurance' is not - even if it sells. Brandable domains are usually not premium domains because, by their very definition, they will be a non-existent word that a brand can be built upon. It usually refers to the 'category' killer. ie a domain that cannot be easily bettered. Taking the example 'insurance', you have also 'car insurance', 'boat insurance' etc However the second you start adding adjectives or usually a third word the domain is not premium. 'cheap car insurance' is not as you could also use 'inexpensive car insurance', 'affordable car insurance' etc to mean the same thing.

You're right mate, 1-word domains are premiums.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators