• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Not running a legit copy of a various Windows Product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeRyder

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
288
Reaction score
0
ok, I am very pro Microsoft.. but offer this as advice to those who.. may not have everything on your PC as legit like office or whatnot...

TURN OFF AUTO UPDATES and manually update.

There are two new updates on Microsoft today and one is a thingy that will make sure your system isn't running "unlicensed" copies of Microsoft products. You do not have to download it, though it is listed as a Urgent update.

A second word of advice, you gotta pay to play, and stealing from Microsoft only hurts us all by stealing developement monies for future products.

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)
The Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool notifies you if your copy of Windows is not genuine. If your system is found to be a non-genuine, the tool will help you obtain a licensed copy of Windows
 
Kind of contradictory post isn't it?

I do dislike shady business tactics though. And this is just shady.
 
well, maybe contradictory..but my thoughts are more that I can understand some people cannot afford all the products, but have legitimate need for them... and to them I can sympathize. I don't like stealing... but it's like the old example "prosecute the woman stealing bread for her children?", to me.. computers are such an integral part of life that... sometimes the importance outweighs the "theft" itself.

I dont consider what Microsoft is doing as "shady", they have a business and have every right in the world to protect themselves and their products. Stealing is still stealing.
 
So you like Microsoft, but are trying to help the people who are stealing their products...
 
tell me what part of my above post you didn't understand and I will be happy to redefine it for you
 
That was part of the meeting with the Chinese president about piracy running rampid across the east. Guess it's time to narrow the deficit a tiny bit, or I'll just trade you 4 shirts, a pair of shoes, a hat, and a DVD player for a copy of win XP. If they are going to "bust" all of these people does that mean bill gates is going to lower the price of windows, NOT!
 
I seen this in updates a few days ago and decided to ignore it and not install, Not because im scared of being blocked, Out of principle, I am happy with my windows licence but not with the software, I mean in my opinion its not worth what I paid, on my next monthly format I wont be using my copy, rather linux will be being installed primarily as opposed to dual boot I have right now.

Thanks for the warning though!
 
BTW, anybody using Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, gee, no antivirus. I upgraded my OS yesterday and can't obtain a copy of antivirus software. There are also some issues with my drivers which i had to download from the internet because the CDs don't have 64-bit versions. However, I find it much faster than the 32-bit version.

Windows isn't too expensive, I bought mine for $139 from newegg.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom