Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Now is the Time for .ME –– Landrush Underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now is the Time for .ME –– Landrush Underway
Public Able to Register for Personalized Web Space

PODGORICA, Montenegro--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The .ME Registry Landrush is underway, which means for the first time anyone can apply for names with the new .ME domain name extension. The Landrush process began Friday and is a 20-day period in which the public can "put a stake in the ground" for .ME names they want to register.

The registry has been accepting .ME applications since May for trademark registrations.

“We’ve seen tremendous interest in .ME from every corner of the globe,” said Predrag Lesic, the registry’s executive director. “The .ME extension clearly offers opportunities to develop catchy phrases and add personality to your Web presence – including personal sites as well as business applications associated with products, brands and services. Now is the time to get in on the ground floor with a great name.”

More than 70 registrars from all over the world are already offering .ME registration. Open Registration is slated for July 17, initiating on a first-come, first-served basis. Two-year minimums are required on all .ME domain names registered during the Landrush and initial Open Registration periods. Landrush domain names receiving more than one application will go to an auction process.

.ME schedule:

June 6 to June 26: Landrush. This is the first opportunity for the public at large to apply. Anyone who doesn’t have a trademark, but is interested in a specific .ME domain, can apply during this period. This is also when Sunrise challenges commence.
June 26 to July 15: Quiet Period. During this time, the registry is closed to registrars. Names for which there was only one application during the Landrush Period are allocated. Landrush auctions will begin for names that received multiple applications.
July 17: Open Registration. Domain names are registered on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information, or to apply to be a .ME Registrar, visit: www.Domain.ME.

About the .ME Registry:

.ME Registry (the d.b.a of doMEn, d.o.o.) was chosen by the government of Montenegro to operate the new .ME domain name extension. The domain extension will be available to the general public worldwide in mid-July. .ME Registry partners include ME-net, GoDaddy.com and Afilias Limited. Me-Net is located in Montenegro and its principals have been leaders in the ICT sector in Montenegro, including the privatization of its largest ISP. GoDaddy.com is located in the USA and is the world’s largest domain name registrar and the largest paid hostname provider in the world, according to Netcraft Ltd. Afilias Limited is headquartered in Ireland and is a leading registry services provider, supporting more than 13 million domains worldwide.

Contacts
.ME Registry
Info@Domain.me

Domain summit 2024

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And will you be 'investing'?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I have tried to get some and will definitely try to get more.

I liked things like invent.me , walk.me, deliver.me.

All bradable and half the size of .asia. ;)

I find .me to be a good domain for domainers, it's short and sweet.

-=DCG=-

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is this going to be popular?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and shall we all register them thru GoDaddy????....:)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and shall we all register them thru GoDaddy????....:)

I know I wll be lol.

I like that divorce.me, especially since it's my 14th anniversary this Thursday! ;)

-=DCG=-

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know I wll be lol.

I like that divorce.me, especially since it's my 14th anniversary this Thursday! ;)

-=DCG=-

Do it!!!...lol....we will all then follow our leader!!...:)

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait til landrush is over and see what's left, I can't be bothered to compete! I think anything clever like the examples above will have lots of competition.

.ME for english speakers could end up being like .NU is for the Swedes.

TordB

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where can I register me. domains for a good price? I have tried moniker, name.com and godaddy.com, but I did not find anything.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a shame it is so damn expensive and all the best names are creamed off !! I think that only way that this will NOT go same way as .eu is if price is reduced.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators