Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

[nTLD] 'outbound' emails - discuss!

Reaction score
Rarely I'll send outbound emails. I send a few, about twice a year. When it comes to nTLD, there isn't much awareness yet. You'll make a lot more $ waiting for someone to contact you (sure there's proof of that somewhere...). Sometimes, though, I feel like 'testing the waters'. That is, see how businesses react with a little encouragement...

In my mind, outbound is controversial. For example, emailing an auction link for potentials to 'bid over' is a step out of bounds IMO. I don't care what other people think. I don't care if you personally do it or not. It's just not my style. I rather get to the point - no messing around. I don't want to leave anyone with a sour taste.

When I do outbound, it's paramount, for me, that I am selective in the type of domain I choose. I don't want to prey on their existing brand. I want them to enhance it. I am not going to register word within their brand and pitch it...I vehemently do not recommend THAT. Instead, I offer them tangents they probably would never think of themselves:

Subject: [Opportunity ] low.lat domain name $2400.

low.lat domain name $2400.

A short & memorable domain may support further success. If you've spent any time on social media, you've noticed shortened URLs... There's good reasoning for that! People will remember you. You'll build lasting impressions. Better yet, more clicks on-the-spot, if only out of curiosity, sparked by your cutting-edge creativity.

Since you already have an established website, you could simply 'forward' low.lat for marketing purposes. You'll experience instant gratification as you advertise your new domain and suddenly recognize higher traffic to your website.

If you do promote your website, a higher CTR (click-through-rate) means effective and lasting results for your time and money. In that case, low.lat may prove to be more valuable than your main domain!

This offer is non-binding! First come!

I use this specific example because of the wide-pool of end-users: 5g, gaming servers, CDN, ISPS...The list of 'potential' end-users is long. And they realize that too.

That it...yes I could say a lot more. I could ask more too. But again, asking a 'shoot the moon' price doesn't leave a good taste. I try and appeal to what they understand. If they think it's too expensive, I can refer them to namebio.com. There they will see, the avg. nTLD domain sells for $4k. That'll get them thinking.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

i am more of a passive seller, who waits for offers.
though i will submit domains to other domainers for review, if/when they meet criteria and budget, when looking to buy certain domains.

outbounding, spam, soliciting , etc., to me is intrusive to begin with.
i hate getting junk mail, from web designers, seo pro's and other domainers trying to sell me domains that they think are comparable to what i own.

the letters they write don't make sense.
they make unsubstantiated claims about the potential of the domain, or what it can do instantly... like deliver traffic.
and worst of all, the prices asked for such unproven, vague and meaningless domains are ridiculous.

but i speculated on a few ntlds initially, end up dropping them though, like > vegetarian.pizza , nino.care, moneda.online, etc.

they didn't get any traffic, so wasn't worth keeping.

unless the word on one side of the dot, goes with the extension on other side of dot, then some of those dot new tld, aren't worthy
and most times the registry will reserve the best fitting keywords or charge a premium registration amount to get it.

like treasury.site or treasury.online , both cost $150 to register and have $300 renewal fee @ dynadot
that renewal fee might be hard to pass on to a prospective buyer, if/when the domain doesn't bring something more than another expense.

as for pointing a potential to a domainer tool, that's something i wouldn't do
why?
because to me, they don't need to know or learn about domaining
if they can go find comparables, then possibly then can find cheaper one than what you're selling or it give them idea to register one.

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom