Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion Numeric domains: 996 is not a great number in China?

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

nicole2020

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

This topic caught my eyes recently. The writer said 996.com would not be a popular domain in China as the number 996 denotes “9am to 9pm, 6 days a week” – the trending work philosophy among Chinese companies, that violates China’s labor laws.

But as a Chinese user I have to say it's not tatally that. The number 6 means lucky. And it indicates that everything is going nicely. Many Chinese would like to choose number 6 as plate number or phone number.

If someone sells this domain 996.com , I can find a buyer to purchase it instantly with at least offer $100k. Lol

But definitely this domain owner will not sell this domain with such price. As the domain's forwarded url is 25pp.com, I guess the owner should be a Chinese.

Domain summit 2024

shahed_sajid

Level 4
Reaction score
Hi,
As I know, both 9 and 6 have positive meanings in the Chinese language.
6 is lucky as you told which considers good for business and 9 symbolizes longevity and harmony. The 9 is also related to the Chinese royal historically.
But it's true that as a combination 996 doesn't display any good meaning in China. So IMO, for 996, to get a high price as a 3N. com is difficult.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators