Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed * NYC.net *

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
high 5 figures, maybe 6 figures.
Does it get traffic?

Yes, it does; but looking for only name quality based appraisals at this point.

Thx,
-DNP-

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An easy seven figure domain to the right end-user - and there are puhlenty of them for this awesome 3 letter domain...

Well....

I recall sex.net , was that $450k ? If so I think it reinforces my original reseller price of under $50k .
sex.net ovt/w 4823 ovt/wo 6187940
nyc.net ovt/w 33 ovt/wo 69958
The numbers speak volumes. Your real hope is end user who doesnt care about them.

NYC.biz sold for $6k in 2004, now .net is several times greater in value and based on that you could ask $100k . But it would take an end user imo. Narrow it down factor how many times .net is greater then .biz, room for 2-3 yr inflation and baam, asking price based on comparable.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know what you paid ;)

It's 50k+

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know what you paid ;)

It's 50k+

3 post per member in the appraisal thread, Mocus. :lol:

You already have 3
15-20K
and 50K

I haven't realized domans appreciate so fast.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
3 post per member in the appraisal thread, Mocus. :lol:

You already have 3
15-20K
and 50K

I haven't realized domans appreciate so fast.

lol this one does

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rigggggggggght... S T O N E R ..lol :eek:k:=~dNp

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gonna be hard to find a better one on the market if this were to appear. Can't even imagine too many LLL.com's coming onto the market at the same time that could compete with this.

That, to me, is the key...right now, what is out there on the market that would steal the spotlight from this...nada, most likely.

Easy $$$,$$$.$$ as in 6 figure starting point but can't even begin to say where it would start, where it would end on the scale or off the scale.

Can I be your manager?

It's called a stunner, simply a stunner. NYtimes material. May be worth putting an ad in a "non traditional" forum.

D

Deleted member 70408

I would say $40k - $80k. I don't think there are many end users that would use NYC.net. as a domain name for their website. A nice hotel such as the Ritz Carlton, Waldorf Astoria, or Four Seasons wouldn't want it because these guys only care about their brand. Likewise, a nice restaurant wouldn't want it for the same reason. IMO, the end-users who may want a name like this are people in the real estate business, the tourism board or a travel agency. Your best bet is probably the first group, but from my experience, even though they are in a similar profession ("real" property vs. virtual property), they don't value domain names as much as other professions.

My bet is that if you sell, the name will be sold to a bigger domain investor with the cash to develop it into a New York City portal, and it will be sold somewhere in the mid-high $xx,xxx range.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your appraisals, more will be appreciated.
I am aware of NYC.biz situation and I think averyone agree with me that the value of .net is at least 5-6 times higher then .biz

-DNP-

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The general rule of thumb for excellent .net's like this is they are worth 10-20% of the .com version, and NYC.com would be maybe 500k+?

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The general rule of thumb for excellent .net's like this is they are worth 10-20% of the .com version, and NYC.com would be maybe 500k+?

Indeed. I know this one. Thx

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Indeed. I know this one. Thx

But do you know about the about the Canadian guy with NYC.net who was put under hypnosis to just push it over to focus for free to be a nice guy? :yes: Now, you are getting sleeeeeeepy, very sleeeeeeeepy...listen to the sound of my voice....now login to the control panel and type in transfer to account name "focus"...yesssss, keep your eyes on the medallion, you are totally relaxed...now push confirm, yesssss very sleeeeeeeepy... :spy:

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But do you know about the about the Canadian guy with NYC.net who was put under hypnosis to just push it over to focus for free to be a nice guy? :yes: Now, you are getting sleeeeeeepy, very sleeeeeeeepy...listen to the sound of my voice....now login to the control panel and type in transfer to account name "focus"...yesssss, keep your eyes on the medallion, you are totally relaxed...now push confirm, yesssss very sleeeeeeeepy... :spy:

lol focus you never get tired :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators