Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal obviously.info !!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC1983

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since you know the rules so well, you should also realize that the auction cannot be declared over until the time after the anti snipping rule has passed. And you should have brought that to the attention of the OP.

The anit snipping rule states that five minutes is added to the last bid.

Correct, however the OP not realising what they are doing does not cancel the contract to sell once the post is marked as sold. The post was marked sold, and cannot be edited after that

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lets resolve this issue

Last edited:

DaveC1983

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will be reporting the conduct to DNF moderators. Binding contract has been broken by the seller

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i feel bad for both the parties even rmnarmenta has been waiting for this auction !

i agree my mistake i did post sold but retracted immediately noticing that was on effect i think within few secs ...easily other bidder could have placed his next bid to continue the auction as time wa there

there was 1 min left before...rmnarmenta last bid as per antisniping rule .......

ok i think my bad luck continues...if this has to go again to unresloved sale

or else we can make $65 as the last bid and we can end the auction 5 mins from the next bid.... i can just think of this solution

Last edited:

DaveC1983

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have already marked the thread to be reviewed by the moderators. There is only 1 fair way to resolve this dispute, and that is to have a moderator make a decision.

Basically 2 regulations have been broken here:

1. Olivess declared the auction closed with 1 minute left according to the anti-sniping rule (which is a breach of the anti-sniping regulation)

2. Declaring the auction closed is binding. Editing the post to remove the evidence that the domain had been declared sold (which the mods can still view what was there before the post was edited), it a breach of contract.

Each of those regulations create an unjust result to each bidder, and obviously it is in your best interest to accept a higher bid.

A third party moderator decision is the only fair solution to this problem. Either the domain is sold to me for $60, or to rmnarmenta for $65.We must await moderator decision to conclude this deal in a fair way

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it was just an accident it dint notice the antisnipin rule was in effect ....and i agree that...fine let the moderator decide and solve :(( - not again on unresolved sale :(((

Last edited:

DaveC1983

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fine let the moderator decide :((

Whatever the moderator decides is a fair, unbias decision. Due to the fact that 2 regulations were broken, with each regulation giving an unjust result to each bidder, the moderator decision will be a fair ruling.

I trust everyone is in agreement with this? Disputes are best solved by a third party who have nothing to gain or lose from the decision.

DaveC1983

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it was just an accident it dint notice the antisnipin rule was in effect ....and i agree that...fine let the moderator decide and solve :(( - not again on unresolved sale :(((

In future, if you use the anti-sniping rule on your auctions, it would be a good idea to wait even 10 minutes after the last bid is placed before marking the thread as sold. That way, if there is another bid, you can view if the bid is more or less than 5 minutes after the previous bid. Here is an example:

Bid placed at 10pm. You wait until 10:10pm to mark the auction as closed. This way if another bid is placed at say 10:06pm, you will know that the 10pm bid is the winner. If a bid is placed at 10:04, you will know the auction is still continuing.

That will help you alot to avoid any disputes :)

In future, if you use the anti-sniping rule on your auctions, it would be a good idea to wait even 10 minutes after the last bid is placed before marking the thread as sold. That way, if there is another bid, you can view if the bid is more or less than 5 minutes after the previous bid. Here is an example:

Bid placed at 10pm. You wait until 10:10pm to mark the auction as closed. This way if another bid is placed at say 10:06pm, you will know that the 10pm bid is the winner. If a bid is placed at 10:04, you will know the auction is still continuing.

That will help you alot to avoid any disputes :)

Also, if you do make an error like this, do not edit the post removing the original text. That makes things look suspicious. Instead, create a new post or edit the post adding the new info below the info you already posted. Just a few tips might help you in future auctions

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks will follow that next time :)..i edited it in few secs relasing my mistake...anyways. it was an accident....my badluck .no issues ready to face atlast thats life

Last edited:

DaveC1983

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks will follow that next time :)... it was an accident....my badluck .no issues ready to face atlast thats life

A mistake is understandable, we are all human :) Just remember in future not to remove the posts like you did here. It makes it look like you are trying to cover up the mistake. lol.

Mistakes happen, and thats part of life. That is why I think the moderator decision will be a justified, unbias result to the auction.

rmnarmenta

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaveC1983

If you are so willing to agree that it was a "mistake" for Olivess to post an auction being won prior to the expiration as CLEARLY marked at the beginning of the thread.
How could you possible still claim to have won?
By recognizing the fact that it was a mistake, you also recognize that you did not win.
I recommend to you that in the future, instead of quibbling over someones mistake, you should have gone on with the auction and completed it as such.
Now, I, having the only legitimate final bid, and being the clear winner of the auction, have to sit through this petty BS.
If I was in your shoes (and I was in a similar situation only a short time ago), I would recognize in fact the real winner of the auction and act accordingly.
It was stated in this thread that the auction should have continued, and you refused. You are the one who insisted on claiming the win, even though you knew it was a mistake.
Anyway, I hope you both learn something from this incident.

Albert Tai

Downloading More Ram!
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Olivess whats with you and resolving forum sales .
Almost all your sales end up there :) get it together olivess.

nuco

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as per the rule rmnarmenta is the winner it will be fair if i honour the domain...to
him as no one gona sove this iam coming forward to solve this issue

i agree my mistake i did post sold but retracted immediately noticing that was on effect i think within few secs ...easily other bidder could have placed his next bid to continue the auction as time wa there

there was 1 min left before...rmnarmenta last bid as per antisniping rule .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators