Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Offer Declined, then accepted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering what the deal is with this situation...

I get an offer via the forum for a domain I am brokering. I send the offer to the owner who rejects it. I then PM the person who made the offer and ask him if he can offer a little more, he says no. Then the owner emails me back and says he has decided to sell for the amount the offer was. I have sent numerous PM's to this forum member telling him his offer has now been accepted, with no response. He has been posting on the forum so I know he has seen the PMs. Is it wrong for him to leave now, after he made an offer which was accepted?

Thanks for any insight you can give

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The offer was rejected hence no longer valid unless the buyer wants it to be - a case of "he who hesitates is lost" for the seller.

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Technically, after the offer was rejected, the offer was no longer there.

At least thats what seems to have come out of the multiple debates on this subject.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ya, unfortunetly that's what I figured would be the case...

I find it extremely rude that the potential buyer wont even answer my PMs, after I worked hard to get his origional offer accepted

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's life - as the broker you get paid to be hacked off! :-D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I find flipflopping on offers more infuriating.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree with NS and parrot. I wish we could all be straightup with offers and quoted prices, however if you are, either way you seem to loss $ = (

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please answer me why will ANYONE want a domain to be brokered for him ?
If the domain is worth something, then the owner has probably some experience in the domain name market and is probably capable of selling the domain succesfully himself.

And what's so hard about selling a domain that you need someone to broker it for you ? Just post it in a few forums / ebay / sedo / AfterNIC ...

I just don't get it ...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, if you pay a broker 10% and he can find a buyer willing to pay 10% more than a buyer you can find yourself, then its worth it...

yes, I dont like flip-flopping either, but it was the domain owner who changed his mind...I am just the messanger, dont shoot me

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
madcamel said:
Can anyone please answer me why will ANYONE want a domain to be brokered for him ?.................And what's so hard about selling a domain that you need someone to broker it for you ? Just post it in a few forums / ebay / sedo / AfterNIC ...I just don't get it ...

There are alot of businesses that are not constantly monitoring the domain forums and
domain selling sites.

They are making products. And, the broker is targeting potential end users
for the name.

You are being very short sighted. If you think the whole potential market for
a domain is "our sandbox".

The locations you mentioned are generally only visited by other resellers.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
madcamel said:
Can anyone please answer me why will ANYONE want a domain to be brokered for him ?
If the domain is worth something, then the owner has probably some experience in the domain name market and is probably capable of selling the domain succesfully himself.

And what's so hard about selling a domain that you need someone to broker it for you ? Just post it in a few forums / ebay / sedo / AfterNIC ...

I just don't get it ...
Well ... the truth is: not everybody is a good saleperson. AND selling domains involves MORE THAN just posting it at a few forums ... like price negotiating.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK,
I dont think I ever sold a domain to an end user, only to other resellers or at ebay.
Till now I thought that the way end users buy domains is by typing in their browser the desired name, and checking if they're for sale. How else can you actively market domain names to end user ? And I don't expect you to reveal any secret info, just in general...

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Madcamel,

As you know the premier domain broker is Steve O'Brien. (And, GT is quickly nipping
at his heels.)

Maybe, Steve will comment or offer suggestions to us novice on how to market to the
end user.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not really nipping at anyone's heels, although when someone has a nice name at a reasonable price, I will always help them try to sell it. :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
madcamel said:
OK,
I dont think I ever sold a domain to an end user, only to other resellers or at ebay.
Till now I thought that the way end users buy domains is by typing in their browser the desired name, and checking if they're for sale. How else can you actively market domain names to end user ? And I don't expect you to reveal any secret info, just in general...
Call Ford if you own cars.com (for example). Or email I suppose..

As you know the premier domain broker is Steve O'Brien. (And, GT is quickly nipping
at his heels.)

Maybe, Steve will comment or offer suggestions to us novice on how to market to the
end user.

Sorry, do I know this Steve person? DNF member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom