Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Oh Dear, Approached By A 'top' Acquisition Agent For A Domain - But He Doesn't Have A Budget! Lol

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A month ago I received an email from a supposed top acquisition agent enquiring about a domain name I have and asking whether it was for sale. Fine, fair enough, checked him and the company out (just to make sure it wasn't yet another scam attempt), but I had heard of the agent and company before of course.

Everything panned out and it was legit. I replied that the deal would of course have to go via Escrow.com or in this case Sedo would be acceptable as his company was associated with it (actually partly founded by it). Asked him to make an offer and we would see if we were close enough to negotiate. He replied he would contact his client and get back to me ASAP. Well last night still no reply so I sent an email saying I considered the discussion now 'dead'. Quick as grease lightning I get a reply saying that he had not heard back from his client yet and would let them know 'my feelings'. o_O

So this supposedly 'top acquisition agent' takes on a commission to acquire a property without having been given a budget! He really expects me to believe this? (If true it kind of makes me think that perhaps, just 'perhaps' mind you, that the money the client paid for his and his company's services was money truly wasted.)

After ten years in the business I can still be surprised by some of the inane 'lines' I am supposed to swallow by so-called 'professionals'. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@john :D Maybe, or perhaps ...................................... :rolleyes:

Anyway, just found this ironically funny (hence in the 'humour section') that a major acquisition company in the business expects a domainer to accept that they do not have a pre-discussed and pre-set budget from their client when they approach an owner.

@ Dragger - he is an acquisition agent (well known and long standing one at that) working for a client but expects me to believe that a budget was neither arranged or discussed with his client before he approached me. LOL

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom