Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Oh Sedo!!! Many uniques/views but no offers.

dcmstreams

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all...
I really want someone to school me on Sedo. I have a few domains listed there where every month there are many uniques. But no one has made an offer (currently they are listed as "Make Offer). Maybe I don't know how this game works. But is it really this much of a waiting game? I bought my first domain about 3 months ago. I'm still learning. I'm realizing that I want to flip right now. I want buy and sell as quickly as possible for as much as possible in that quick timeframe. I want to eventually buy better domains that I can hold onto and sell for more money... Eventually. This has turned into more than just a Sedo question... Thanks for all advice and guidance.

~Not a beginner for long

gilescoley

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is a waiting game, if you have hand-registered domains, you will be be waiting for a lot longer for offers. You are better off getting decent names from the aftermarket as they will be easier to sell. Most decent names are registered already so you will struggle to sell names you registered now

Always ask yourself "Why is this name available?"...the answer is usually pretty simple

dcmstreams

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is a waiting game, if you have hand-registered domains, you will be be waiting for a lot longer for offers. You are better off getting decent names from the aftermarket as they will be easier to sell. Most decent names are registered already so you will struggle to sell names you registered now

Always ask yourself "Why is this name available?"...the answer is usually pretty simple
Thanks for your response. I was beginning to think the same thing regarding hand register vs aftermarket domains. Great advice about asking myself that question. Back to the drawing board I go. Better to learn the ropes now before spending any more unnecessary money on mediocre hand regs. Thanks again.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many uniques/views to the parked domain, or to your "make offer" page ?
How many is many ? To clarify, just because people stumble on your domains whatever the reason, doesn't mean they are interested in buying it. Contrariwise I have sold domains with very few UV...

vivid

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Are your names parked at Sedo? Do you have the offer pages being opened for some of your names? This can be seen in 'Offer Views' column, which is a nice initial indicator helping to evaluate (but not guarantee) the potential interest in your names.

As to unique visits, I've noticed the significant increase in traffic as being displayed by Sedo for most of my names during the latest few months. It doesn't result in the higher offer page view or click rates, and it is mostly from China. So it could be explained by one of the following:
- much more interest in domain name market from China (quite a doubtful explanation, as no offer page view rate increase)
- some automated bogus sort of traffic
- some update in Sedo stats engine
Has anyone else noticed that?

Looks I've duplicated the reply by katherine :)

dcmstreams

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Katherine and Vivid thanks for your replies! With every question I ask, I learn a little more (parked views versus make offer view, what's considered 'many', etc). By the way Katherine I was referring to the make offer pages. Vivid, I will look at "Offer Views" column. Thanks again!!!

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you park domains to make money. your concern should be having uniques which do not convert. the 'make offer' option is an addition and it might be some visitors are not seeing your link. if your goal is to flip quickly like you said and you don't care much for parking revenue then make your lander a 'for sale page' with all your info.

i'd wait and see if my domain can make me some money in parking before going for sale only tho.

dcmstreams

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you park domains to make money. your concern should be having uniques which do not convert. the 'make offer' option is an addition and it might be some visitors are not seeing your link. if your goal is to flip quickly like you said and you don't care much for parking revenue then make your lander a 'for sale page' with all your info.

i'd wait and see if my domain can make me some money in parking before going for sale only tho.
Thanks again!!! One question: How do I generate parking revenue? I mean the actual steps. I am a REAL BEGINNER. But I learn quickly. So if I could get some step by step instructions, that would be awesome. I'm here to learn as much as I can so I can minimize my bag of mistakes. Thanks again for all of your help!!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators