• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Oh yeah it was an accident - snap leaves 3 letter domain off the drop list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
8,934
Reaction score
245
thats funny as hell..they are so shady but you gotta love em'

"In another bit of news from SnapNames they've announced that two prime domains that were inadvertently left off the drop list will be auctioned on their site starting Thursday (Dec. 15). Those are CanadianGirls.com and LTD.net. If you want to be in the auctions you need to log in to your account and place backorders for the domains prior to the auction."

Borrowed from domain recent sales page on DN Journal

I'm sure it was a big mix-up...lmfao :smartass:

http://www.dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm
 
They will operate like this until a REAL watchdog starts up and fines follow crap like this.
 
Well it's playing dirty, but there's nothing really wrong with it if you ask me. They caught the drop so they own it. Unless there is something in their terms that says they will never keep drops for themselves, then I don't see why they can't. I do see how it would make people mad though, and if I wanted those names I'd be unhappy about this as well.

I don't have much luck with snapnames anyway. I prefer POOL.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom