Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Ok guys (gals?) it's all downhill from here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that sales have been up, the economy is "relatively" stable, and the dot nonsense is gone.

I personally have had my best month in more than 10 years of selling. The people I deal with are very optimistic, and money is flowing again.

I have been bargain shopping like crazy. The only names that are still expensive to buy in the aftermarket are solid adult names--primarily because adult biz' have the cash flow to resist lowball offers.

Of course, the madness is over for the domain biz, and crap will always be crap, but I'm amazed that 10 years in, this business still beats the "real world".

Comments?
:dead:

Domain summit 2024

It does seem that people are getting over the "dot bomb" and "dot com bubble burst" mentality and realising the internet is here to stay and has real potential as long as they approach their web site in the same commercial terms they do for their offline business.

Things seem to be settling down pricewise on end user domain sales and people seem to have regained confidence that domains are a worthwhile asset that can have value unrelated to registration fee.

Also, an increase in halfway sensible decisions coming out of WIPO and the courts are helping to remove the "sue/arbitrate instead of buy" mentality that WIPO and Nat Arb Forum encouraged last year.

DnPowerful, you are in LA? Cause the East Coast is knee-deep in crap still. High unemployment, lots of high-skilled workers without jobs, telecom sector is in shreds. Tell me how you guys do it in CA - maybe because you don't have a Bush for a governor.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's all relative Timechange. Those who are out of work are more apt to feel optimistic about their future than even three months ago, and job growth has actually increased for two consecutive months nationally.

I have an office in L.A., but live in Canada. Up here in Canada, beavers and igloo-makers feel more optimistic that bartering at the local elk-skin trading post will increase :razz:

Yes, definately seems like the worst is behind us.

I don't really sell names so I wouldn't know much about that, though I have noticed more that the usal unsolicited enquiries, since the start of the year :)

Also the nasdaq which has been relatively steady for some time now, which seems to suggest the lack of confidence in the technology sector has bottomed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators