Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Old Whois Data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentum

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am trying to look up old whois data on a few domain names. Basically trying to find the original registrant info on some expired domains.

Alexa used to display some old whois data but I can't seem to find that information on their site anymore.

Any suggestions?

Domain summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe try looking up the URLs at www.archive.org and checking if the websites had an 'about us' section.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This information would be highly valuable. I would imagine the registry keeps records of all records for legal purposes but I don't think they do. So how would you go about proving someone stole your domain if there is no way to find a previous owner and prove it did indeed belong to someone else. There must be a way of obtaining this information freely.

If you had your domain stolen, you would have had an invoice, credit card payment and registration confirmation to tie it up with.

the gaining registrar would have to be able to show evidence that YOU requested any transfer.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
www.DomainStats.com had plans to add that service - as did a few other sites, but none did.

I do have some expired domains, I get good information sometimes from folowing the links that that domain from the stats refering to it.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Momentum
I am trying to look up old whois data on a few domain names. Basically trying to find the original registrant info on some expired domains.

Alexa used to display some old whois data but I can't seem to find that information on their site anymore.

Any suggestions?

Here's a little tip that's worked for me in the past: if the name has dropped very recently, simply go to SnapNames and place a free Snap-Shot on it (you get 20 free Snap-Shots).

When Snap sends out its weekly eJournal to you, it will usually show the former and new registrant of that name.

Simple, but effective ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom