Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed One letter "universal" .com domain..

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

domingo

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it some sort of trivia question. If you need a fair appraisal than tell us the name.

Please tell me how much I should pay for something my browser can't see and something I cannot type with my keyboard easily.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by domingo
Is it some sort of trivia question. If you need a fair appraisal than tell us the name.

No, it's a multilingual domain (it's the male sign, unicode U+2642, race code: bq-ezba.com)..

Originally posted by goh
Please tell me how much I should pay for something my browser can't see and something I cannot type with my keyboard easily.

Good Luck!

Hopefully that will change when Microsoft/Netscape enables multilingual domains in their browsers. Maybe i should hold of until then?

Originally posted by comster

Hopefully that will change when Microsoft/Netscape enables multilingual domains in their browsers. Maybe i should hold of until then?

Even if they do, now who teach me how to type in those multilingual domains?

Originally posted by goh

Even if they do, now who teach me how to type in those multilingual domains?

It's not more difficult than entering Japanese/Chinese/Korean domainnames.. You just use an IME (Input Method Editor)..

Originally posted by comster

It's not more difficult than entering Japanese/Chinese/Korean domainnames.. You just use an IME (Input Method Editor)..

Do you expect all English speaking people plus people don't know your input method to learn in order to get into your site?

Originally posted by goh

Do you expect all English speaking people plus people don't know your input method to learn in order to get into your site?

Duh.. of course.. Everyone that's going to use multilingual domain names in the future will either enter the domain manually with an Input Method Editor, click on a link or in some cases they might have a native keyboard.

considering the general consensus from people in the domain industry is one big "huh?" - i think expecting the world at large to grasp it is slim at best.

Originally posted by bidawinner
T(c)omsters ..

what are you doing here..New.Net shut down ?
LOL

BID

*sigh* As i suspected it is pointless arguing with people who have no technical understanding of multilingual domains. This is not a New.Net thing. Go the the IETF (www.ietf.org) and read about multilingual names.

I will sit on this domain a couple of years and let the market mature. Maybe it will turn out to be worth something, maybe not.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting to me. There aren't many single-character dotcoms of any sort. I can't see it on my browser, but if it is what I imagine you might have a real winner a few years from now. Would be something to see on billboards! For Western typists the site could use a related dotcom name in our alphabet that redirects.

Just went to your link and looked at it. Yep. I like! :cool:

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
comster, great to see ya in here.

Yep, your male sign .com could be a winner and you're right to sit on the name for a while until multilinguals resolve freely.

Are Verisign even accepting renewals for multi-lingual names yet? We have not started accepting them because the process is so foobar.

There may be something here in the end, but it's sure been messed up to date.

-t

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>Are Verisign even accepting renewals for multi-lingual names yet?

Looks like they all got an automatic extension to December 26 2002, and my guess is Verisign will further extend the date until ML names resolve fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators