Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

onlinenic transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"If you wish to transfer the ownership (change registrant name) for a domain already registered under OnlineNIC, you will need to print and fill out this form following the directions below. US$30 will be charged for each domain transfer registrant.
To successfully complete this form, you will need the WHOIS record for the domain name. The WHOIS database can be found at URL http://www.onlinenic.com

Be sure all fields are completed in full.

Once this form is complete, verify the information, read it, sign it and date it.

An individual that has the apparent authority to legally bind the current Registrant must sign this form in the presence of a Notary Public. The Notary Public is required to notarize this form.

An individual that has the apparent authority to legally bind the new Registrant must also sign this form. Notarization is not required for the new Registrant's signature.

Make a copy of the Agreement for your records, then send it to OnlineNIC Inc at 2315 26th Ave. San Francisco, CA 94116 USA. "

tell me that's a joke

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Thanks for contacting OnlineNIC support!

Yes, you are right. If you want to transfer a domain to a new registrant, you have to get the
transfer agreement notarized and also $30 will be charged.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards"

have you try transfer name to other registar?
how much it cost, without change ownership

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That's like the Joker.com fee for a change of ownership. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to even change the owners email address while keeping all other details the same.

Solution? Transfer it away and cut your loses!

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Or give them this link for 60 days :

https://www.onlinenic.com/cgi-bin/english/correct_domain_new.cgi

then tell them to transfer it out to enom for $7

Dear all

I think at $7, it was not possible.

Even if it is $14.00 per year, it is still better than paying US$30 for transfer of ownership right.

Ask them to wait for 60 days if new registration, 45 days if renewal and transfer them at any enom reseller. If don't mind, transfer them to me. I will be glad to service them.

Best regards

PrimeDNR:rolleyes:

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
yeah, guys. I know I can transfer it out and that's what I'm going to do. The thing is I've just registered this domain, and I'm going to have to wait 60 days..

I was simply surprised to find out about the paperwork and the $30..

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by uncle
yeah, guys. I know I can transfer it out and that's what I'm going to do. The thing is I've just registered this domain, and I'm going to have to wait 60 days..

I was simply surprised to find out about the paperwork and the $30..

Hi Uncle

Onlinenic is not expensive, they charge you transfer of ownership fee in order to cover the loss in selling domains, it also prevent you from transfer to other registrar (within 60 days) right.

Regards

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PrimeDNR

Hi Uncle

Onlinenic is not expensive, they charge you transfer of ownership fee in order to cover the loss in selling domains, it also prevent you from transfer to other registrar (within 60 days) right.

Regards

That is completely ridiculous! To cover the "loss in selling domains" maybe they should charge a higher price? What if you are unhappy with their service? Should you be charged a $30 fee for an owner transfer, etc.

Just a shameless way to extort more money from the poor soul who tried them in the first place. Trying to lock in your customers hardly speaks to your integrity.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

just the opposite. to avoid the paperwork and the $30 fee, I am forced to transfer the name to another registrar after 60 days.

and I will never register any names with Onlinenic in the future.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with Joker.com. Useless! I only wanted to change MY address and email, wasn't even doing a ownership transfer to someone else, and they wanted 30 Euros, + paperwork MAILED TO THEM!

Just transfered out (for free!) and bid them guten tag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators