Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed OnlineStocks.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guitarman :)

Once you've tasted wine, you'ld never go back to water --- circa post .com

T

Tee

I hear you. You get a few generics or highly searched for compound phrases (is that redundant?) and everything else starts to look real sucky. I dont know if thats a good thing.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jeroenp
develop it

Words well said and immortalised into the annuals of famous domain appraisal models.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
I hear you. You get a few generics or highly searched for compound phrases (is that redundant?) and everything else starts to look real sucky. I dont know if thats a good thing.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I look at my .coms and it looks real sucky compared to every single one of my .info and .biz names :D

God help me.

T

Tee

"Dev" wise for me is generics only. Everything else requires mucho branding and is way too expensive.

T

Tee

You know whats going to happen - and im not saying this to be antagonistic - but all these people with there offers they are refusing now wont get a 10th of it in a year. Its gonna be dilution city. I would sell in 4 seconds.

P

President Gringo

Sounds like a good name to me.....maybe even throw up a forum so people can talk about stocks and stuff.....Good chance of resale i think.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
You know whats going to happen - and im not saying this to be antagonistic - but all these people with there offers they are refusing now wont get a 10th of it in a year. Its gonna be dilution city. I would sell in 4 seconds.

Yeah, the days of .com are numbered. media.com, Come here baaaby.....

T

Tee

One thing that I have to admit about .com, besides that it is worth a lot(lol), is that it does look nice. Its very sexy. The round c followed by the purely round o with the m at the end. Its very eye friendly imo.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
Does this name suck? I'm sick of sucky names.

It's an OK domain and does not suck at all, but the term is not really that popular, even as a .com.

Using this easy to remember link to Overture/Goto http://www.SuggestionTool.com ;)
it has 1200+ returns, that's good but remember almost all the assumed type-in hits will go to the dot-com version with very few going to the dot-net.

Domains using the words Online & Wireless are not as valuable as once thought to be, especially a few yrs ago when these online names were more popular. I let almost all my Wireless domains drop except for a few.

The dot-com is probably worth a couple thousand dollars but the dot-net is likely valued at only about 5% to no more than 10% of the dot.com. I would estimate the value of OnlineStocks.net at approx' $100 to $200 or so.

T

Tee

Wow. I dont remember seeing any searches for it in overture last month.

I'm thinking $200 for it as well. I think its strength would be in branding it, if someone was so inclined.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
Wow. I dont remember seeing any searches for it in overture last month. I'm thinking $200 for it as well. I think its strength would be in branding it, if someone was so inclined.

It's odd you did not see any searches done for it. If you click-on this Overture Link http://www.SuggestionTool.com
you will get the report below.

Remember Overture usually combines the plural word with the non-plural, a rather stupid thing they do for some odd reason. In this case the 4th from the top is no doubt almost all plural searches as online stocks is more natural and common than online stock.

Online Stocks - Searches done in April 2002
Count Search Term -

4551 online stock trading
3430 online stock broker
1512 buy stock online
1290 online stock
841 stock trading online
620 online stock trade
581 buying stock online
476 stock online
449 trading stock online
345 online stock trader
303 online stock market trading
268 online stock market
260 trade stock online
248 online stock purchase
245 online stock brokerage
211 stock broker online
205 online stock quote
193 online trading stock and option
183 online stock share isa investing
181 online stock share isa investment
176 online stock share isa
158 online stock exchange
156 online stock music
150 stock trade online
145 online stock investing
140 online stock trading newsletter
131 stock market online
125 online trading stock
122 online national association for stock car auto racing racing
119 purchase stock online
113 online national association for stock car auto racing game
109 online stock investment
101 online stock market challenge
98 online discount stock broker
96 online stock game
90 stock photo online
89 online stock trading company
85 online stock chart
84 stock market online investing
77 stock and online
73 stock tip online
63 online stock photo
60 free online stock photography
58 stock online trading
56 stock quote online
53 online investing stock mutual funds
52 online national association for stock car auto racing store
50 free online stock trading
49 stock purchase online
48 online stock ticker
47 stock and online daytrade
45 online and stock and trading
44 online stock broker uk
43 best online stock broker
42 stock market trading online
40 sell stock online
38 online national association stock car auto racing game
37 free online stock market game
36 online stock broker rating
35 online stock purchasing
34 israel stock online nis
33 buy and sell stock online
32 thai online stock
31 online stock trading site
29 stock buying online
28 best online stock trading
27 online trading of stock
26 stock game online
25 stock trading company online

T

Tee

Adwords shows 500 impressions for the singular and 200 for the plural daily so I guess the single is getting more searches in a ratio similar to this with the se's that overture draws its data from. In any case, its peanuts!

T

Tee

In any case, I wouldnt use overture to determine how many typeins the .com is getting because there is no real consistency there even though I guess it can give you a very rough idea; a highly searched word/phrase can get relatively few typeins (with .com) compared with another that is searched for less (with .com) but gets more typeins.

I use overture to determine potential relative audience for a well optimzed site (usually with the url as keyword) optimized specifically for the keyword. If you're on the first page of google for example for a keyword query, you can expect a relative audience with a further relative level of traffic depending on rank on that front page. You will probably need multiple exact or close urls to give it the link relevancy boost needed. Adwords can give you a close number of what to expect from google. Factoring in overture helps to see a bigger picture but its not exact or perfect.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tee
In any case, I wouldnt use overture to determine how many typeins the .com is getting because there is no real consistency there even though I guess it can give you a very rough idea

Agree, there is no good way to determine the ratio of searches to type-in's. I wish there was a way! The ratio is actually very low but who knows how low? Any ideas from anyone here?

By the way, Google AdWords must be wrong in claiming Online Stock is more popular than Online Stocks. :confused: I see no way that could be so as the plural 2-word phrase is much more natural to say.

If an investor does a search for online type of trading information they are more likely to enter the 2-word term online stocks (plural). An exception is for other terms using more than 2 words, where they would commonly use the non-plural word.

T

Tee

Yeah I agree it does seem like online stocks would be more popular but I have found google to be somewhat accurate.

Maybe people are going short on "online stock market" or "online stock whatever" and its relecting in this way. Could also be some famous site with that name that people are searching for through google..... who knows

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google? Try searchengineforums.com :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators