• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Opinions on the best time to have a domain auction end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2006
Messages
2,937
Reaction score
47
I am interested in hearing your opinions on what the best time/day would be to have a domain name auction end. (example: 6:00 pm EST Thursday afternoon)

I think it is important to have the auction end at a convienent time frame and day for prospective buyers...for example on Ebay, in the US, having an auction end on Sunday evening about 9:00pm is the best time to account for people accross the country...as Sunday evening being when the most traffic hits ebay.

Domain names are global and I want to make sure I set an end time which is as inclusive as possible...business wise.

If you do not think this is very important, I appreciate hearing that as well.

Thanks.
 
I think the ONLY way to have an auction end when it is not live is with a "time after last bid"...eg. Auction ends 12 hours after last bid....whatever time you decide. I wouldn't do it longer than 24 hours so as not to make it drag on.
This format allows someone in a different time zone/part of the planet to be involved. This is a VERY international forum.
This also allows the seller to get the best price for their name as the market dictates.
I will rarely, if ever, get involved in any other type of auction...waste of time as far as I am concerned. If I stay involved in an auction bidding etc. only to have it decided by who has the quickest finger or it ends at 3am...uhuh...
Sellers will figure it out.

Although, that said, the type of auction I like is not permitted here at DNF.
(From the Auction Rules)
4) Must specify end time, time zone, and date. NO "ends *hours after last bid" allowed.

So I save bandwidth by not visiting the auction section here...

.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom