Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Other domain extensions to compliment .Mobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think its a good idea to buy up domains in other extensions related to the mobile web, as well as .Mobi's??? :noidea:
For example, abcdefg.mobi and most other extensions are taken, but the abcdefg.info is sitting looking lonely.... worth buying??? you can still offer services for the mobile web with ANY extension, as well as .Mobi, so its just a thought it *may* be worth buying another extension to complement your .Mobi, also possibly worth buying the remaining extensions avaliable if its a great keyword even if you don't own the .Mobi version. :juggle:

Any thoughts? has anyone bought any other extensions while 'harvesting' their .Mobi's?

Thanks. :yo:

:wave:

Domain Summit 2024

WorldRadio.mobi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

Interesting point.

I have bought some .coms to accompany the DotMobis.. perhaps thinking down the road of selling both as a brandable package.

"Mobi" seems to be a hot word these days in .com, and "mobile" will most likely affect other extensions. Yes, the mobile revolution is for all existing brands in all extensions.

To be honest though, I haven't left much the .mobi treasure chest as every $18 I am still thinking of what else is worth it to buy .mobi. Someday, it will be more closed off like the .com (which has turned off many people coming to domaining past several years because not much of new registrations had value mainstream - the notion that "all the .coms were taken..").

But there is hope that .mobi will greatly open the eyes of the average person to "registering a domain name" (in other extensions that are available) and domaining as a whole; and, raising the values of all Internet Real Estate extensions alongside.

If domaining is to get hotter to the mainstream timely, I'm thinking twice now on keeping even some of my good .names hehe :) One day they might be a scarce collectible in this trade, as long as ICANN holds par.

Kind Regards,

Yelo

Asperger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Yelo,
Yes. I'd say it's a wise move to secure a web-based domain such as .com (if possible, allthough highly unlikely) or .info to compliment your .Mobi, especially if you're going to develop, I've gone with .Info's cos they're cheaper and usually avaliable.

On a seperate note: i get a lot of traffic from wap.yahoo.com searching for 'Radio' so your portfolio should be popular.
Most popular search referers from yahoo!: Radio, TV and Forums. :D

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom