Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed over 3 million hits per month...

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
Would it be a bad idea to post his URL?... I think I know it.. :laugh:

RMF

What are in grade school? Passing out URLs while the teacher isn't looking :laugh:

I would just leave it to yourself. It's best not to make it an issue if he didn't want to post the URL in the first place. He seems like he would be a good addition to DNF with his expertise.

izopod

btw: MikeMike....try some decafe my friend. Sometimes it's ok not knowing the punchline...

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, the reason is simple. Since i am not selling the domain or the website, i am not going to generate any possibly negative buzz around that. I appreciate you all not speculating on it.

It was a simple question regarding value.

To answer the question regarding why we are not selling yet - We want to present ourselves first, get a good userbase, get the buzz going, get a good reputation, etc. We do not want any banners, stupid advertising or crap products. We want quality and not quantity. We want to be able to stand behind our products 100% and no BS. That website is part of a much bigger stronger project that is in the works. We have a long way to go till we get to the point which we aim for, but its worth the effort.

My question is a case of curiosity and nothing more. We never talked about selling the concept or the website, so i was just thinkign about it and wanted to see if you guys have any thoughts on it, thats all.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know, I wouldn't post it. If I was in the same situation, I wouldn't want someone to post it either.

RMF

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
I know, I wouldn't post it. If I was in the same situation, I wouldn't want someone to post it either.

RMF

Well done RMF!

izopod

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will do. Thanks for the input guys.

Originally posted by gregr
Come back when you get to 5,000,000. :)

Come on RMF, I won't tell anyone. :D

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

What are in grade school? Passing out URLs while the teacher isn't looking :laugh:

I would just leave it to yourself. It's best not to make it an issue if he didn't want to post the URL in the first place. He seems like he would be a good addition to DNF with his expertise.

izopod

btw: MikeMike....try some decafe my friend. Sometimes it's ok not knowing the punchline...

hey "my friend" I don't need any decafe maybe you need some, I just said what I was thinking, I asked if I was on another planet and I still thinking that maybe I'M on another planet, again am still thinking the same things about that post.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MikeMike

hey "my friend" I don't need any decafe maybe you need some..

In fact I do! This is my 12th post in less than an hour...:laugh:

izopod

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MikeMike Hi, I cant resist.... maybe I'M from another planet, maybe am crazy, I don't know you tell me guys...I REALLY don't understand why someone will say: " i can not disclose the URL at this time" on a site that get 3m visits per month, if the site get all that traffic means that has an exposure very high on Internet, actually you even said that its promoted on News Papers and on the net so I DONT understand the :" i can not disclose the URL at this time". Again, maybe I'M from another planet, you tell me. Mike

Agree, I must also be from another planet as I have seen this many times where someone wants to keep their URL secret. They are never able to really explain why. It's very odd, especially since by giving the url it will increase their traffic and other possible benefits too.

It makes you wonder if perhaps they have something to hide or not proud of or perhaps the site is not really what they claim. This is one of the big mysteries at these forums and happens more often than not it seems.

P.S. Mike Mike I got your PM about hokey.net and still thinking about an offering price. That was sure a big catch you got and beating me to it makes me mad :mad: Congrats anyway on perhaps the best purchase ever made on this forum based on the AMAZING suggestion tool results vs low price you paid!

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
interesting oservation

P.S. i dont need more hits at this time... still recovering from the hosting bill from last month. Throughput was murder.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Point8T interesting oservation. P.S. i dont need more hits at this time... still recovering from the hosting bill from last month. Throughput was murder.

You could very well be the only mmeber here who does NOT want more traffic :confused: Traffic is the name of the game, the more the better.

How did your website manage to achieve such amazing traffic in such a short time anyway?

For your hosting or server bill to be too high due to more unwelcome traffic is incredible!

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I've surpassed 3 million visitors per month, but I wont say what my url is :)

Mike

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Agree, I must also be from another planet as I have seen this many times where someone wants to keep their URL secret. They are never able to really explain why. It's very odd, especially since by giving the url it will increase their traffic and other possible benefits too.

aren't you the one who kept refusing to reveal the name you had caught with snapnames the other day? lol

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2618

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gariben
the most visited website only has 99.2 million unique visitors and #50 has 1.226 million unique visitors.

If you have 5 million visitors, then your site would be similar to apple computers, macromedia, dell, ezboard, etc..

I don't think so!

I never stated we are at the 5 million mark. I simply stated that when we do hit 5 mil, we will continue the conversation. I also clearly stated that it is not 3 million unique IPs. Please read the post before you make a statement.

By 'dont need more traffic' i mean, we do not need more traffic outside our targeted audience. (you guys, no matter how great of a bunch of guys you are, are well out of our target audience)Traffic may be the name of the game, but if you are only going to go see our website once and never come back, you might as well not come at all. We have no trouble getting our name out and we have no trouble getting visitors. We are not going after every living soul out there as there is no point in it. Find your market, target your visitors, go after them, provide them with good service, have them come back time after time and you have yourself a good website. We dont make stupid banners, we dont fool people into going to our website and we dont push any advertising that our target audience has no interest in. A relaxed browsing experience is a rare thing thise days and that is what we are going after.

One clear example is a small experiment i created. instead of pushing huge banners and telling our visitors how cool this and that products are, we added one small text link to one solid product which we like ourselves. No advertising, no screaming 'Buy now!', just a small text link. You would be surprised to know how many people use that link and buy the product every month.

This is by the way the main idea behind my latest project siteoven.com - get yourslef out there, let everyone know what you are about, dont fake it, dont push it, offer it and people will respect you for it. Solid strategic partnerships and subtle promotion based on willing participants. People here may not agree, but thats ok. Everyone has their own gameplan and we all live with our choices, so far mine have not failed me, so excuse me if i dont take advice on this matter.

As for the hosting bill, thank god that was picked up by another company recently. In addition to information we also feature downloads, some of them plain out huge and the throughput meter is constantly in the red, so you can imagine what the bills are.

Have a good one everyone!

P.S. interesting how a simple question can lead to nasty comments. Funny thing is, this being the appraisal section, nobody here has the answer to the question i asked.

j8jweb

DNF Veteran
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is bound to be difficult to price, as so many things have to be considered. The average profit per visitor. You average around 3 million visitors per month or so...you could probably sell advertising space on the domain and make thousands - it depends on the market area and if you think your visitors are likely to want to see advertising. From what you've said about not subscribing to a "click me!" philosophy it seems unlikely you'd be prepared to put banner adverts up there.

But on a very basic level, let's assume that you make a bare minimum of $1 per 1000 visitors, which is pretty crap. You then have an income of around $3,000 per month. Of course, if you are offering anything of real value people are prepared to pay for, you can multiply that figure.

It's impossible to price a website that you can't see, to be honest, but it also seems impossible to me that you won't make lots of money if you're getting that number of visitors.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I will keep everyone posted with new developments. The main reason i have not yet revealed the URL is because we have not completed the project yet. Although open to the public, i would rather not advertise it in front of the 'Pros' ;)

I will revisit this thread once we are ready to seriously discuss the possibility of sale.

Thank you all for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators