Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Paid Me And Never Collected His Domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I sold a few domains to one guy. He paid immediately and I never heard back from him. It's been 30 days. He never replied to my request for his registrar info so I could transfer the domains..

What's the protocol here? Not sure... I've emailed. Messages on site. Called. No reply. Weird.

Domain Summit 2024

hawkeye

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It does happen, and more so than one would think! People get busy, things get misplaced or forgotten, emails get lost, sometimes even health issues arise for some. But if you accepted his/her money, it's a done deal, so I'd suggest just hold on to them till they remember or are able to finally finish up on their end. You may even have to remind them a time or two more. The end result though, your reputation, is worth working with them the best that you can.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It does happen, and more so than one would think! People get busy, things get misplaced or forgotten, emails get lost, sometimes even health issues arise for some. But if you accepted his/her money, it's a done deal, so I'd suggest just hold on to them till they remember or are able to finally finish up on their end. You may even have to remind them a time or two more. The end result though, your reputation, is worth working with them the best that you can.

Totally agree. I've sent an email every other day, messages on the site every other day. Called multiple times. I know as domainers we are constantly checking our emails, especially after spending x,xxx on domains.

It's just super odd. I'm holding into the domains. Waiting. Just in shock really.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the domains are with Moniker, there is something screwy in their system that makes it appear as if the domain has never transferred to their account or transferred out.

I was kind of freaking out as this was a mid $xx,xxx sale. I was not sure what the buyer was doing not taking possession of it but the reality is they have as it is now a site...and it is STILL showing up as pending transfer.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Either refund him or hold on to them until they expire.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I usually create an account using whatever information I have (usually from PayPal), and then push the domains into that account and email them the account information/password. This way I have completed my end of the sale and they can always push to another account if they like.

I run into this particularly when I sell cheap, about to expire domains registered somewhere besides GoDaddy on eBay and the buyer doesn't look at the registrar in the listing and since they don't have any account except GD, they don't want to hassle with a new account so they just ignore the requests for registrar info.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the domains are with Moniker, there is something screwy in their system that makes it appear as if the domain has never transferred to their account or transferred out.

I was kind of freaking out as this was a mid $xx,xxx sale. I was not sure what the buyer was doing not taking possession of it but the reality is they have as it is now a site...and it is STILL showing up as pending transfer.

The problem is, he paid and never replied to anything else! I haven't been able to start the transfer because I don't have his account info!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
these things happen, people have experiences in 'real life', that sometimes that prevent them from being online.

typically i'll keep such names for a few years, if necessary

J

JudgeMind

So I sold a few domains to one guy. He paid immediately and I never heard back from him. It's been 30 days. He never replied to my request for his registrar info so I could transfer the domains..

What's the protocol here? Not sure... I've emailed. Messages on site. Called. No reply. Weird.

If he has any domains listed in his signature or links to a website he has, you could do a whois lookup nd you may get lucky with a phone number. Any number of things could be keeping him from being able to contact you. Good luck.

KCGroup

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If he has any domains listed in his signature or links to a website he has, you could do a whois lookup nd you may get lucky with a phone number. Any number of things could be keeping him from being able to contact you. Good luck.

Yea I did that all! :) Just wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom