Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Parked.com Update on Arbitrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
adwords, ysm and msn traffic converts just as well, I agree

ATP

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem in arbitrage is the switching of keywords from low-paying to higher paying.
It's very rare when the same search term cost a lot differently on Google Adwords and Yahoo.

The common practice is to advertise a domain name such as paymusic.com (on which advertisers expects high conversions and is bidding high) like "free unlimited music" on Google Adsense for 0.05 USD per click, on content network, such a forums.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rubbish, a lot of arbitrage traffic converts as well as any other traffic

Yeah?? So you've purchased clicks from yieldmanager or ineedhits or i-web, pumped it to your site and generated lots of sales for yourself?

I doubt it, since the traffic they sell in their "financial" category comes no where close to the quality traffic generated on google.com for a financial keyword. How can you compare exit popup/popunder traffic, which is what they sell most of the time as categorized targeted traffic, to direct search traffic on google and say it converts the same.

It may convert for you as far as clicks, but it sure as hell doesn't convert for the advertiser and that's who Yahoo is trying to protect here.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Didn't Donny said that he blocks traffics coming from less popular search engines except MSN, Yahoo and Google?

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Didn't Donny said that he blocks traffics coming from less popular search engines except MSN, Yahoo and Google?

No. Plus people with some basic skills can defeat all the referrer tracking anyway. The arbitrage was abused, which is why it is going away.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No. Plus people with some basic skills can defeat all the referrer tracking anyway. The arbitrage was abused, which is why it is going away.

I can't find the thread where he spoke that, but I remember he said he'll blocks most search engines traffics except those big 3 due to lower conversion for advertisers.

Luc said:
So you've purchased clicks from yieldmanager or ineedhits or i-web, pumped it to your site and generated lots of sales for yourself?
Have you ever seen parked's pages on those search engines?

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

He said this many times...in posts..in PM's....why were others allowed this traffic???..

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He said this many times...in posts..in PM's....why were others allowed this traffic???..

He's said several times not to run anything except Yahoo, MSN, & Google traffic, but I have never seen it blocked. Every time I've tried third tier traffic it's gone through fine. Again, I'm not calling out Donny for anything and he seems like a reasonable and cool guy, but this is the natural progression for the marketplace based on arbitrage abuse and advertiser's needs.

hydroboi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's said several times not to run anything except Yahoo, MSN, & Google traffic, but I have never seen it blocked. Every time I've tried third tier traffic it's gone through fine. Again, I'm not calling out Donny for anything and he seems like a reasonable and cool guy, but this is the natural progression for the marketplace based on arbitrage abuse and advertiser's needs.

I'm not even sure if he ever recommended Google, Yahoo or MSN as that would be against there terms, but i could be wrong!

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
true.....but he all said he terminated many people who used 3rd or 4th tier.....but not ALL people.....i wonder who/what the exceptions were...

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tony, We rolled a 13 sided die and if it landed on a odd number, then you were terminated. :)

It was mainly based on the TQ scores.

Donny

Blue and Gold

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tony I can answer that from experience. People who don't know any better in the start of their quest down this road. I was one of them. He wrote me a very stern letter advising if I did not change at once I would be terminated. No questions asked. If I remember correctly he gave me a week to do so. I changed and yes it cost me more but in the long run I made more. That also speaks volumes for Donny and Parked. He did not have to give me the chance but he (they) did. I honestly did not know any better and when informed I changed. That was close to 2 years ago I believe and I am still at least till tomorrow at least still making money. Not a real high figure but enough to make a difference in my life.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyways.....doesn't matter now.......it's all over....right????...:)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys just love beating a downed horse to death don't you..lol

Parking is still (and always was) based on the domains & domain traffic, not arbitrage, parked is still going to make alot of money...and so are all of it's customers! :eek:k:

Donny is the man...and we are all on the same team here brothers! 2008 is going to be a good year for all of us...even with small bumps in the road. :eek:k:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Arbitrage as far as Parked.com is concerned is dead. We were told that we had to follow our TOS with Yahoo.

Acroplex - No WoW for me. I just couldn't come up with any other good answer. :)

Donny

miraculix123

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It continues :eek:, what is changing, is just the marketplace.

take your money from the domain market to the stock market and buy some xxxx ads aaahh meaning stocks of course :cool:, there arbitrage comes from and there it goes to. but make your bid now, before it`s too late.

and once a day when the things are clear, it ........
(comes back :eek:k:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators