Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Parking dooms owner of F5.net in UDRP

A

Andrew Allemann

Why would you park a domain like this one?

There are several reasons that the Chinese owner of F5.net just lost the domain name in a UDRP to F5 Networks, Inc.

But one of them should be a warning for owners of short domains: the ads on the parked page were related to the complainant’s business.

While I believe the overarching conclusion of panelist Warwick A. Rothnie–that the Chinese domain investor was aware of the complainant–is wrong, I also believe parking a domain like F5.net and showing ads is stupid.

Short domains are tradable assets. Parking won’t generate much revenue on most of these domains, and is more likely to hurt than to help you.

Parking a domain can actually help you in a UDRP if you show that you’re displaying ads related to the descriptive nature of the domain. But what’s the descriptive nature of F5? Or similar domains?

I recommend owners of domains like these pass up the few bucks they can make for parking. It’s not worth the risk.

© DomainNameWire.com 2016. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact copyright (at) domainnamewire.com.

Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.

The post Parking dooms owner of F5.net in UDRP appeared first on Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News & Views.

Related posts:

1. Whistles.co.uk owner files UDRP on Whistles.com
  2. Parking page ads lead to a UDRP loss
  3. ETH Zurich might need an intellectual property degree program

Continue reading...

Domain Summit 2024