Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Partnercash.com sells for $110k ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

Wow, the name gets no results for overture or anything , it wasn't a company name, NADA.. A company must have really liked the phrase . It's not even a generic phrase !

Schwartz registered the name for 35 bucks back in the 90's as it states there, sat on the name for years and sold it for this amount.. Talk about Luck with a capital "L" !

D MARKS

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont get this at all, perhaps some of the experts here can shed some light on this deal, I was going to start a similar post after doing some research on this term...

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Schwartz registered the name for 35 bucks back in the 90's as it states there, sat on the name for years and sold it for this amount.. Talk about Luck with a capital "L" !
++++++++++++++++++++

It ain't luck, Honey.

It's called an investment which matured.

Congrats to the Domain King!

;)

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
++++++++++++++++++++

It ain't luck, Honey.

Congrats to the Domain King!

;)

Are you feeling well daddy?

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the "luck" he was referring to means that it doesn't fit the present day domainer's model of valuating a domain based on type-in traffic and keyword phrases. From that perspective it makes sense. There are many possible substitutions for this particular name, it's not a keyword, it got no traffic.. the fact that it was available back when domains were selling at their peak and he freely registered it supports this point. Decent name, but my personal appraisal on it: $250-$500. Very very good sale for the domain king.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, the domain name is secondary, to the business of paying a ridiculous amount for a name. It happens, that often times, earnings are hid from taxation, or amounts need to be place on a domain for write offs etc, I,m not implying this here is one of those but it is interesting.
Just My Thoughts, now yours...

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I assume the buyer intends to use it for some type of affiliate network which would make a decent fit...probably has the $ to throw around...

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameYourself said:
Decent name, but my personal appraisal on it: $250-$500. Very very good sale for the domain king.

That's why no one's gonna offer YOU 100k for one of your names... it's well known that Rick won't part with his domains for such paltry sums... if you see his name on a domain you have to want it badly enough and be willing to pay for it.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tedgeman said:
Sometimes, the domain name is secondary, to the business of paying a ridiculous amount for a name. It happens, that often times, earnings are hid from taxation, or amounts need to be place on a domain for write offs etc, I,m not implying this here is one of those but it is interesting.
Just My Thoughts, now yours...

This doesn't make sense to me. If you want to buy a name for a tax write off, you could still do it and get quality as the value of a domain is pretty subjective. I am sure many people play these kind of games without actually deliberately buying expensive junk!

I feel the domain has potential perhaps for a Venture Capital firm, which could build a successful business using such a site without relying on a lot of junk type-in.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
It ain't luck, Honey.

Right. For every one such investment, there are literally hundreds of thousands of similar or better "investments" rotting to their bones while waiting to "mature". The numbers aren't simply on our side, and you're promoting a costly ideology if you're implying otherwise.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well said Sas, agree 100%

DaddyHalbucks, how did those .MD investments work out for you?

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
Right. For every one such investment, there are literally hundreds of thousands of similar or better "investments" rotting to their bones while waiting to "mature". The numbers aren't simply on our side, and you're promoting a costly ideology if you're implying otherwise.

So you've domains that are "similar or better investments" just sitting around rotting? Send me your list, I'd be happy to take away all those bones.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:

Agreed.

But, why does Rick seem to hold so many successful investments while others hold the rotting corpses?

If people can't look at a successful person like Rick and learn from him, if people can't recognize successful investing when they see it unfold in front of them, if people can't learn from their own mistakes of holding rotting corpses and change their tactics, then they deserve to fail. Simple as that.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
So you've domains that are "similar or better investments" just sitting around rotting? Send me your list, I'd be happy to take away all those bones.

Sorry, but I don't have any absolute 0 overture domains for 110k.

But I do have some with overture numbers, which I assume you're willing to pay mid six figures?

DaddyHalbucks said:
...if people can't recognize successful investing when they see it unfold in front of them...

Don't mind me if I ask you to enlighten me, how can an absolute 0 overture domain (with miserable 3k in google for the term) be exactly seen as a successful investment unfolding in front of us?

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
Don't mind me if I ask you to enlighten me, how can an absolute 0 overture domain (with miserable 3k in google for the term) be exactly seen as a successful investment unfolding in front of us?

Why is it an excellent investment? Because he paid $35 --and he sold it for $110,000. The proof is in the pudding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators