Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Payment methods to USA and Australia FROM the UK . What is best ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Until a month ago all was fine and I used Paypal to make payments to Australia and USA for domains. Then ,and anyone in the UK might wish to note this, my bank (and many others are changing to) changed my Debit Card from a Solo Card to a Visa Debit Card. OK fine I thought. So I enter it as my payment card in Paypal for them to draw down on. I then make lots of payments and THEN find that unlike the Solo card I am charged £1.25 for each transaction PLUS a 2.5% ERTF. That can mean that I pay 30% or so fee for buying 1 domain .

I am thus now trying to work out cheaper way of making payments and wonder if anyone has any ideas ?. Fabulous.com only take Paypal or Wire Transfer (wire is pain in the arse filling in forms etc)
and US Registrar .

So if you are in UK and using a Visa Debit card via Paypal I would be interested to know if you get charged 2 fees for each transaction where you purchased from an overseas company ?.

DG

Domain Summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom