• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

question Payment Sent Isn't Registration. Does Checkout Speed Matter for a Good Hand-Reg?

This is a general or domain name related question.

nicenicnicenic is verified member.

ICANN Registrar | Reseller API | Accept Crypto
ICANN Accredited Registrar
Hosting Provider
Joined
Nov 9, 2024
Messages
905
Reaction score
344
A domain can still show as available after you've started paying for it.

That's easy to ignore with an ordinary registration. With a hand-reg you really want, the important timing may be the gap between payment being sent and the registry actually accepting the registration.

Crypto makes that gap easier to notice because confirmation and account credit can be separate steps.

For a strong hand-reg, would that affect how you pay?
 
With crypto, payment confirmation and the registry accepting the registration are two separate steps, so I would never treat "payment sent" as "domain secured" for a name I really want. For a hand-reg I'd keep a balance topped up in advance, so the order goes through the moment I click.
Disclosure, I work at LuxHost. We register in 2500+ zones with instant activation for most of them, and a prefunded balance works exactly like that. Happy to explain how it works if useful.
 
Back
Top Bottom