Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

PDQ: who's got one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greetz!

How many of you have a PDQ site?

Would you mind listing it so we can take a look and see what you've done with your logo and regions that can be edited. Who has the best looking PDQ? Who has figured out little tricks to get even more from the system?

If you don't have one yourself but know of one, tell us about it.

thx

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi yesonline. Thanks for the input.

I found www.redhotdomains.com and a couple more that I am trying to remember what the names are. I will post them when I find them again.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Found another one in an old post. www.idealregistry.com

The term PDQ is too short for the forum search tool. It has to be atleast 4 letters.

E

EroGenius

The technical thing that bugs me is that they (PDQ sites) are all at "http://www.registrarpdq.com", the only difference being the name that is on the invisible web frame that locks the domain location.

For our site (still in development), we needed to control much of the structure and handling of customers. I couldn't figure out how to get those needs to fit into PDQ. The only challege was finding/building name-spinner and shopping cart functionality (which PDQ comes with). There's alot there that's hard to beat though.

~ EG

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have IdealRegistry.com but haven't had time to get back and customize the small amount that is customizable! It you can promote it from other sites it is a nice deal. You can't win any price wars with it due to processing fees etc. but it is nice to market to domain non-experts. $12 still looks good to them thanks to NetSol and Register.com.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
I have IdealRegistry.com but haven't had time to get back and customize the small amount that is customizable! It you can promote it from other sites it is a nice deal. You can't win any price wars with it due to processing fees etc. but it is nice to market to domain non-experts. $12 still looks good to them thanks to NetSol and Register.com.

To the average user, $29.95 looks good.
Resellers should operate 2 tiers, a wholesale market and retail market. No sense giving the farm away to anyone who walks up to your door. The wholesale market pays your bills and the retail market gives you the cash for further development.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

Nice site.

Are you using RegistryRocket or do you charge the credit cards?

PDQ is a comprehensive service, which includes credit card processing. Hence the expense compared to using their API or Registry Rocket. Fast set up though ....

Troubling that every hyperlink indicates a registrarpdg.com url. Doesn't do much for "branding" your own site when it just looks like a series of hyperlinks to somewhere else ....

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Funny thing ...

Just went from DomainCheap to IdealRegistry (both PDQ sites). Unless you do a refresh, you are stuck at one when you want to resolve the other!

Same with typing in one of them AFTER having visited registrarpdq.com - so resolve back to registrarpdg.com and not domaincheap, etc.

Url Framing/Forwarding has got to go! Useless in my opinion, and will not allow for anything but a small time site. In that case, why not just use registryrocket, where you can at least frame within your own site ... ??

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I noticed the same thing NameBox--they need to do something about that. Overall--the PDQ system is very nice though. The interface works well--and you get all the features that enom has. It's still new--and a few bugs to work out.

One cool thing--depending on how you look at it--is your enom account can be accessed from any PDQ site. Try it--anybody with a enom account can access--and manage their names from any PDQ site.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper
Greg--here you go. http://www.enom.com/help/faq_pdq.asp

That will give you a complete guide to PDQ.

Thanks, I was just being lazy.

How much does PDQ cost?
There is an annual subscription fee of $99 for PDQ. Any transactions involving credit card processing will also receive the regular credit card processing fee of $0.95 plus 3% of the total transaction amount. All transaction fees will be deducted from your commission account.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The commission structure is why I don't understand DomainCheap or IdealRegistry's pricing structure. Are they not LOOSING money with each domain registered?!?!?!? :confused:

They have to pay the commissions after all, and processing charges, while they are selling at the wholesale rate for PDQ?

I guess they'll make it up on volume :laugh:

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greg--for what it's worth--that $99/yr does include hosting.

NameBox--Since a lot of enom partners are getting their registrations for $6.95--$7.50, there is still a small profit after cc processing. I think $12--$15 is the ideal price to satisfy both the consumer--and the PDQ reseller.

NameGuy--You are only charging $9.95--that does seem to be shaving a little close. Are you still making a profit?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you use their API not PDQ, Can you still use the RegistryRocket feature?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The commission structure is why I don't understand DomainCheap or IdealRegistry's pricing structure. Are they not LOOSING money with each domain registered?!?!?!?

IdealRegistry is mine. We charge $11.99. I pay $7.10 per name. After all of Enom's fees, transaction, etc, my cost is about $8.50. Since there is absolutely no maintenance after it is set up that is a very decent profit margin. Someone said $12-$15 was the ideal retail range - I would agree.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl

IdealRegistry is mine. We charge $11.99. I pay $7.10 per name. After all of Enom's fees, transaction, etc, my cost is about $8.50. Since there is absolutely no maintenance after it is set up that is a very decent profit margin. Someone said $12-$15 was the ideal retail range - I would agree.

Your pricing page shows $9.99 and not $11.99, hence my comment. I thought that PDQs pricing structure was:

$8.95 per domain name when you buy a block of 55 names, with a reduction at $7.95 for 500 names purchased/credited to the reseller's account, and $6.95 at 1000 names.

How do you pay $7.10? Seems like an oddball number.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
If you use their API not PDQ, Can you still use the RegistryRocket feature?

eNom has three systems for reselling:

API: free but presupposes technical knowledge to install/run scripts (asp, perl, php), and reseller handles billing, credit card processing, etc. You just by blocks of domains from eNom. This gives you a direct connection to the registry system.

Registry Rocket is a customizable e-commerce web page, with includes registration/credit card processing. eNom takes care of the cc processing and web site hosting, etc. Reg Rocket is not customizable at all other than uploading a logo, etc., but the interface looks the same for all R/R resellers ...

PDQ is same is RR, but a little more comprehensive in its look and feel. Plus the additional subsciption fees, etc., and its "customisable"

Bottom line, only the API makes you look and feel like the real thing, and not a quasi affiliate, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom