Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

PDQ: who's got one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh

eNom's reseller's reseller!

So Goh! Someone bought 1000 names at $6.95 only to resell some at $7.10? Not much margin ... $0.15 per name or a whopping $150.00 profit on $6950.00 .... wow!

Doesn't make much sense to me ... who is this generous eNom reseller / reseller ... ??

Originally posted by NameBox

So Goh! Someone bought 1000 names at $6.95 only to resell some at $7.10? Not much margin ... $0.15 per name or a whopping $150.00 profit on $6950.00 .... wow!

Doesn't make much sense to me ... who is this generous eNom reseller / reseller ... ??

eNom reseller dun ve 2 buy nuffin.com for his reseller (in another word, no additional money needed to be spent on his reseller)!

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameBox--there is no pricing structure for PDQ if you are an eNom reseller. The pricing is whatever you currently pay on your regular reseller account--plus the cc processing of course.

As far as resellers signing up other resellers--it's not only for profit--but also as a favor to friends and fellow domainers. That's why you get some odd prices like $7.10

Plus--even though the original reseller is only making 15 cents a pop--he isn't having to do anything at all. Many people also charge a small setup fee to start your account. They are basically free to charge what ever price they want.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greg--Not that I know of. It's either one or the other.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL--NameGuy I was fixing to offer to set him up too.

Isn't dnforum full of friendly people. We are the bomb! :D

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
We're going to go the API route and offer payment by PayPal.

How are you going to handle chargebacks and authentication?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

How are you going to handle chargebacks and authentication?

Using Registry Rocket you're still on the the hook for chargebacks.
That's why Enom doesn't pay for 2 or 3 months. Why lose $1 on each registration and have to wait to get paid?

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Using Registry Rocket you're still on the the hook for chargebacks.
That's why Enom doesn't pay for 2 or 3 months. Why lose $1 on each registration and have to wait to get paid?

Yes, but in case of chargebacks, doesn't eNom sequester the domain? In PayPal's case, the fraudster could have the domain, and you get nothing, not to mention the chargeback FEE that PayPal can charge! Ever had any chargebacks on PayPal?

Lastly, any domain reg. out there using PayPal exclusively?

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Yes, but in case of chargebacks, doesn't eNom sequester the domain? In PayPal's case, the fraudster could have the domain, and you get nothing, not to mention the chargeback FEE that PayPal can charge! Ever had any chargebacks on PayPal?

Lastly, any domain reg. out there using PayPal exclusively?

They are sequestering a $6.00 domain name for 60 days that is useless to them and me. A domain name is not like a $1,000 piece of computer equipment. That is what the fraudsters go for. I know, I get attempts daily on motherboards.com. Committing fraud for a $9.95 domain name is like counterfeiting dollar bills.

zoltan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am also using Registry Rocket until we implement something from enom's API.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

They are sequestering a $6.00 domain name for 60 days that is useless to them and me. A domain name is not like a $1,000 piece of computer equipment. That is what the fraudsters go for. I know, I get attempts daily on motherboards.com. Committing fraud for a $9.95 domain name is like counterfeiting dollar bills.

gregr,

Doesn't PayPal charge the merchant a chargeback fee? If I recall, it is about $10 - $15 USD per chargeback. Are you going to authenticate WHOIS or REGISTRATION information against the CC details?

Of course this is moot if form of payment is PayPal funds, and not CC payment via PayPal.

If you use PayPal for motherboards.com, what are you experiences with chargebacks there? My interest is in CC processing. I use PayPal as well, and have been lucky to only have 1 chargeback per 1,000 transactions. But thats for physical inventory shipped with some back end authentication. I'd be a little more worried about digital services or domain registrations, etc. (maybe I'm paranoid here).

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

gregr,

Doesn't PayPal charge the merchant a chargeback fee?

Don't know.

Are you going to authenticate WHOIS or REGISTRATION information against the CC details?

No, PayPal authenticates the user to a credit card or bank account. I won't accept a payment unless the user is verified.

If you use PayPal for motherboards.com.

Don't use paypal for motherboards.com.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Two issues for you:

1. PayPal does charge a fee for chargebacks. Its about $10-15.00 per if I recall.

2. Foreign (non USA) PayPal members can not be "verified" or shipping address confirmed. If you sell a good or service to a foreign PayPal member, fraud protection does not apply.

So, in my experience, you have to do some back end authentication yourself.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

2. Foreign (non USA) PayPal members can not be "verified" or shipping address confirmed. If you sell a good or service to a foreign PayPal member, fraud protection does not apply.

I didn't say their address was verified. I said the customers tie to a credit card or bank account is verified before I will complete a transaction. I'm not shipping the domain name to an address.

Fraud is fraud, whether Enom's mechant account is hit or PayPal is hit. Keep paying Enom $1 per transaction and wait 90 days to get paid. I could care less.

I'm done with this thread. :D

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

I didn't say their address was verified. I said the customers tie to a credit card or bank account is verified before I will complete a transaction. I'm not shipping the domain name to an address.

Fraud is fraud, whether Enom's mechant account is hit or PayPal is hit. Keep paying Enom $1 per transaction and wait 90 days to get paid. I could care less.

I'm done with this thread. :D

No need to get testy genius :D

You're missing the point.

PayPal accounts are often opened with stolen credit cards. The fraudster OBVIOUSLY knows the correct address, and all data looks good.

Gee, didn't realize your weren't SHIPPING THE DOMAIN. :razz: That's the point! You can't even use that as a point of verification (confirmation instead of diverted shipping/delivery).

Fraud is only fraud if the payment goes through, and you register the domain! In my experience, PayPal "approves" almost anything and everything. Since you won't be protected by anti-fraud protection, you could get stuck with chargeback fees. Get hit by a couple of $15 fees on $9.95 registrations, and then tell me how clever you are ....

You keep on mentioning eNom's $1.00 fee per domain. I didn't realize that PayPal processes payments for free ..... oh right ... they don't.

I was just trying to explore PayPal's security on this issue for myself as well. But you seem to know it all. ;)

Try to help ... and you get attitude in return ..... now I'm "done" with this thread. :D

I see the thread is off track. I've had fraud with registering domains with paypal. Paypal's opinion is they don't cover intellectual property with seller protection. Anyway, if it is a retail sub-account, you can push the name to another of your own sub-accounts & take the name back. Done it twice now out of 3,000+ names registered. Not bad in my opinion. The cost of doing business!

PDQ is coming along pretty well. Now you can add keywords, title descriptions, site descriptions. I'm working the API for a new site, hopefully using paypal. There fees are at least half of enom's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom