Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Perhaps it's finally time for me to launch DnTicker.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On the heels of the Shoutloud purchase by Register/Afternic, maybe it's time for me to launch the next level domain site--DnTicker.com.

Certainly plenty of incentive now :D

Domain summit 2024

ib4s

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You should go for it... who's left? loads of room for an new auction site.

goodluck:)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Auction sites for domainnames don't make sense.
At least not if you want to sell to an enduser.
Why?
Because endusers, if interested in purchasing a name, want to BUY a name, not BID on it.To them bidding on a domain is just something that appears to be not respectable - can't blame them for that as most endusers are just NOT familiar with the domainbusiness.
So the only legitimation for domain auction sites is seller to reseller business.But as we all know,in 95% of all trader2trader sales it's about lowlevel figures only,just because a reseller will only pay a percentage of what an enduser might be willing to pay - can't blame them for that either.
So for me the unwillingness to see that endusers don't like to BID on a name is the REAL reason why places like Afternic and GD will never work in terms of reaching endusers - pretty obvious and logical actually.

So many Picasso, Van Gogh (not Goh :sad: ) works are being auction, people are happy to see that. The higher the price go(h), the more respect we shown on their works.

Extra channel of selling, auction, which is one of the 4P of marketing mix (Place of distribution) will only help the domain market. Price at auction also reflects current market value of certain type of domain. I see many advantages of having domain auction site to the community.

However, it is hard to make one successful. Good Luck!

Goh
I no nuffin.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, all these things have been considered after a decade of watching the comings and goings of domains.

Surely you don't think I would merely rehash the same old same old, do ya??

Domain Ticker is the next level site!

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i shall wait and see wot happens before making further comment.

still waiting ...

Originally posted by AMERICAR
i shall wait and see wot happens before making further comment.

still waiting ...

I shall wait for your comment before I see wot happens. :laugh:

Waiting longer ...

Goh
I no nuffin.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Goh,

On becoming a real Cool Member.

Now all you need is another 300 points.

To get an Avatar!

Nice job, congrat's.

:rolleyes:

M

mike

Originally posted by goh
So many Picasso, Van Gogh (not Goh :sad: ) works are being auction, people are happy to see that. The higher the price go(h), the more respect we shown on their works.

Extra channel of selling, auction, which is one of the 4P of marketing mix (Place of distribution) will only help the domain market. Price at auction also reflects current market value of certain type of domain. I see many advantages of having domain auction site to the community.

However, it is hard to make one successful. Good Luck!

Goh
I no nuffin.

The 4P of marketing? You are rolling now, Goh. Quick quiz for you, If auctions are 1 of the 4 'P's, what then are the other 3 'P's of the marketing matrix?

I knew if I held out long enough I'd find out you knew something, Goh! Keep it up and you'll have to change your 'i no nuffin' sig to

Goh,
'I no sumthin'

DN,

Let me guess... What is a DNticker.com? A DN ticker is a ticker tape with the domain and its 'ask' and 'last bid' price sort of like a stock ticker tape for stocks on the NASDAQ or NYSE.

Sounds good to me. When are you going to commence constuction? When is DNticker.com's launch date?

Mike

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe DNresell.com, DNname.com or DNfor.com?

B

brandon309

I think that an auction site for domains is a great idea, since eBay is constantly taking domain names out of their auction database for various reasons, dnticker would be a very popular place for the people that have been rejected by eBay.

B

brandon309

True, but people would still want to see an eBay like site that does strictly domains. Users would be able to make suggestions, and have other features that a company like AfterNIC just simply would not offer.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So many sites have already been attempted and launched ... what's the use of another unless is addresses all of the problems of the failed or useless ones ...

Primary problem is lack of quality "reasonably" priced domains. So much garbage ... So many delusional speculators.

If you allow garbage to be listed, or decent names at ridiculous prices, you loose all credibility.

A real time, no reserve market would be interesting though technically, but probably unrealistic .....

I'll say one thing in eBay's defence ... the market speaks ... at least some people have been selling (cheap admittedly) and padding the gross with unrealistic "transfer" fees, etc.

I think thw wise thing is;

- approve the names before it could be listed on your site.
- design an appraisal bot that could get the ball park value of a domain so that if someone lists ridiciluous prices either ignore it or look at it manually.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with existing domain sales sites is that no distinction is made between a domain worth say $50, and a domain worth $50,000.

Great Domains came up with the right idea for domains over $100,000 and $1,000,000 but they stopped there, with nothing for the $10,000+ and $1,000+ domains.

I say:

Require appraisals for all domains listed.
Asking price required for all listed domains, no "make offer listings"
Asking price cannot exceed appraised value.
List separatly domains over

$1,000,000
$100,000
$10,000
$1,000

And please don't force a buyer looking for $2,000 domain to search for it among millions of domains worth under $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators