Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Person not paying for domain I sold him. Help! What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ObtainADomain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotNetKing
I wonder what the norton.exe file that you download actually does!!!! (I'm not going to try it! [/QUOTE

I began to downloaded his "Norton Antivirus" and it first does a 1 second install of a utility to your desktop. Once you doubleclick this, it begans the download and it indeed does take about 10 minutes on cable as he claims it does (I aborted the download a 1 minute from completion just in case).

My bet is you are really getting a copy of Norton Antiviurs but that it is a pirated/illegal copy (how could it not be pirated at that price?)

Domain Summit 2024
M

mole

wow, you got toed by a warez pirate :eek:

Leave it to Symantec, and for your PayPal account, yes, you were wrong to falsely misrepresent your country of residence and your account rightfully freezed.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ObtainADomain

My bet is you are really getting a copy of Norton Antiviurs but that it is a pirated/illegal copy (how could it not be pirated at that price?) [/B]

Having already written an e-mail to the symantic Spam/Piracy department, I have also filled in a piracy support at www.bsa.org.

avs162:

He actually sent me the money a couple of days after the account was frozen, so I'm sure that was not his fault.

I initiated the refund, which PayPal (perhaps surprisingly) carried out without any problems, as they did for a payment made just prior to the freezing of the account.

(It *seems* to be when you log on to "collect" a payment that they do the IP check and the account gets frozen)

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
for your PayPal account, yes, you were wrong to falsely misrepresent your country of residence and your account rightfully freezed.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Hello Mole. I am a British citizen living in Peru at the moment. I didn't realise when I originally signed up that I wasn't allowed to sign up.

(Why didn't Paypal do their IP check then and tell me at the outset, rather than waiting until there was some money in my account first. It's very easy to check the country from the IP you know).

Also, PayPal unfroze my account 6 months ago when they were aware of all the facts, so if I had inadvertantly misrepresented anyting when I originally signed up, PayPal were happy to have me on board once I had explained the facts in detail.

So the second freezing was not to do with misrepresentation of my country of residence.

M

mole

Yeah dot, but PayPal accounts can be hacked, stolen, compromised, and unfortunately, South American countries are under close scrutiny. You should have informed PayPal of the fact you were in Peru when you went there and get a green light on that, rather than system security sniffing you out first.

I know you mean well, just me bitching on some technicality:D

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got my own anti-PayPal page at:

http://paypal.haters.info/

They have a long-standing record of freezing people's accounts, and whether it's for a good or bad reason it's a bureaucratic nightmare, and you might not have any way of ever getting your money back short of suing them. I was boycotting PayPal for a long time, but found it impossible to keep up because of the annoying prevalence of sites that won't take any other payment method (including affiliate programs that only pay out that way, and auctions and sites seeking donations that only accept it). I still avoid them when I can help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom