Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Photos from South America trip to Chile, Bolivia, and Peru

Status
Not open for further replies.

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Photos from South America trip to Chile, Bolivia, and Peru
Here is the "BEST OF" gallery from the entire trip
http://www.loscocco.net/images/200610sagallery

Here is my website with a lot of my pther photography as well
http://www.erin.loscocco.net

I am back from my month long trek up the western coast of South America and into the Andes mountains.
I started out in Santiago, Chile where I stayed with my friend Holly from California who is studying there at the University of Chile.
After about 9 days in the Santiago area I spent the next week or so taking buses northward up the coast of Chile.
Every day I would pick out a new town on the map and take a bus there and explore it.
Then I left the coast and headed up to La Paz Bolivia which is one of the highest cities in the world at about 13,000 feet above sea level.

Hiking in the mountains around Lake Titicaca at 14,000+ feet is literally breathtaking!
The air is so thin that taking a few steps and you are out of breath.
The lake is so large and beautiful its hard to believe that its at the top of one of the highest mountain ranges in the world but looks like a
tropical or Mediterranean sea.

Then I traveled by train into Peru where I stayed in Cuzco and visited Macchu Picchu, the famous Lost City of the Incas. It is an incredible
place built on steep cliffs in cloud forest covered mountains. From there I flew to Lima Peru where I had a 6 hour layover in which
I saw more of the city, beach and surrounding area than I could have ever imagined thanks to an excellent taxi driver/ private tour guide whom I randomly met!

The entire trip I just winged it and took it day by day and met soo many people.
I met lots of locals as well as other travelers doing similar travels as myself and some traveling for months or years thru dozens of countries around the world..
Every evening I would find myself at a dinner table or having drinks with a different group of people that I had met that day.
The conversations were great and involved sometimes up to 4 or 5 languages at once! LOL

Traveling there is VERY cheap!, My hotel in La Paz Bolivia was $1.25, an 8 hour bus ride for $6-10, 2 hour taxi cab $4! Coming back to California was very tough..lol
It was definitely one of the most incredible experiences of my life and I look forward to returning there again soon but I have many more places to visit in the world first :)
I took LOTS of pictures and everyone has been asking every day about them so here they are.

There are over 1000 of them and many more crazy stories for each picture.

Enjoy the pics
Erin

Domain Summit 2024

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
loved your photos, some are really great

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I envy you sooo much !! :)

Which camera did you had with you ? The pictures are great !

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How did you store all the pictures on the trip ? Did you get spare memory cards? or brought a laptop with you ?

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How did you store all the pictures on the trip ? Did you get spare memory cards? or brought a laptop with you ?

I brought 4 gigs worth of memory cards and filled them all up. I shot everything in high res 8 megapixel size. over 1000 pics
:)

> Here the links to the full 1000 pics.
> Warning.. will take an hour or two to look at.
> http://www.loscocco.net/images/200610chile/
> http://www.loscocco.net/images/200610bolivia
> http://www.loscocco.net/images/200610peru

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Excellent pictures, I enjoyed them. Thank you.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great set of pictures.

Chacal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very nice pics. I'll travel to south america next month, so please PM me with nice places in chile where you can relax and enjoy the nature.

cheers

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Excellent work. Obviously highly skilled to be able to produce such quality without the best camera in the world.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great pictures.

I particularly like the Peru ones as that's where I live.

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great pictures.

I particularly like the Peru ones as that's where I live.

Where in Peru do you live? I was noticing that .PE names are quite common there and .com not as big. Do you have any good .PE names?

Excellent work. Obviously highly skilled to be able to produce such quality without the best camera in the world.

Thanks.. I take lots of pictures and am really picky about which ones I show but there are a lot of situations where i know i could have gotten a lot better shot with a better camera. Oh well. gotta sell a few more domain names first :)

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great pictures. Did you use any software later to enhance the quality or something. They look very professional.

loscocco

is out kiteboarding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great pictures. Did you use any software later to enhance the quality or something. They look very professional.

thanks SnickSnack
on a few i adjusted the contrast and such in photoshop but for the most part they look about how they were shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom