Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Pizza.com .. What are your guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Three bidders above the $2m mark - let's hope it's legit and these three are all end users.

why not?? PizzaHUT, Dominos and Papajones

papajones and dominos are public so i see no reason for them not to bid when they would get all mln's back in share jump up next day on a news break

Last edited:

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If pizzahut dominos & papajohns would pay a million+ each a year for referrals & and advertisements on a domain investors portal...how much would they pay outright to cut out their competition...we may find out.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't we all lol

i'm amazed it's got to this price at all tbh

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when you look at the best purchase of any domain in my opinion and that was 'property.com' by rick for $750 k
that to me for what money can be drained from that domain is a tiny percentage of its worth. truly an amazing domain.

i fail to see how pizza.com can return the price already.
unless a rival firm wans it. i dunno, guess it gets traffic of course but even still.

i appreciate what sashas said and do agree, the purchase of book/s by b&n was insightful and masterful

having said all that, if i had 2 million$ to buy some generics, you could get a clutch imho, especially in the coming year or so

'if' it completes like fearless said is big question

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is worth much more. The press alone on the sale is worth 2 million.. more if it makes it into mainstream press. Considering a Full Colour Full Page Ad in a major publication costs over $30k for just one issue.. $2.5 Million is Chump Change

robmac

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it is worth much more. The press alone on the sale is worth 2 million.. more if it makes it into mainstream press. Considering a Full Colour Full Page Ad in a major publication costs over $30k for just one issue.. $2.5 Million is Chump Change

spot on namestrands! - we are talking massive companies interested in a massive globallly recognised term "pizza". people expect to go to pizzadotcom and find pizzahut or dominos. lots of better sounding generics out there that do not hold the same weight as this gem.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think as a way of showing the world that you're the daddy, $2-3m isn't out of the way for this name.

Can't be domainers bidding at this level, surely?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This one has the potential to be the top sale of 2008 :)
Names of that calibre are a once in a lifetime opportunity.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the other, 'about' 42 names are owned by Christopher Clark?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I doubt the sale will go through. I already saw some shill bidding pattern up to the $999,999 reserve point.

Poohnix

Lost @Space
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought it didn't pass its reserve until $2.5m?

The reserve was 2M... earlier it was for some reason assumed to be 1M, but the only thing it said in the list was that the reserve was 1M+... meaning it could just as well have been 5M, but it turned out reserve was met when it reached 2M.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
any precedents? I.e. any other similar generic domains? (hamburger.com, taco.com...)

If I remember correctly Drugs.com sold for $3.5 Million few years ago.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The reserve range was $1m to $2.9m
When you see a bid for $999,999 it's someone - potentially the seller - playing it safe while pumping up the price.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The guy owns about 350 other domains.. so could be.

I would hope that SEDO verifies or at the least follows up on all the bids, otherwise they run the risk of loosing out in a big commission should the buyers turn out to be Shills.

I would also hope that to bid anything over $200,000 you would have to be verified, with credit cards and passport info.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The guy owns about 350 other domains.. so could be.

I would hope that SEDO verifies or at the least follows up on all the bids, otherwise they run the risk of loosing out in a big commission should the buyers turn out to be Shills.

I would also hope that to bid anything over $200,000 you would have to be verified, with credit cards and passport info.

:eek:k:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom