Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Pizza.com .. What are your guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reserve range was $1m to $2.9m
When you see a bid for $999,999 it's someone - potentially the seller - playing it safe while pumping up the price.

Yeah that was too suspicious.
I think the reserve was $2M, thats when I noticed it was hit.

btw what's up with reserves on these :lol:

newmexicojobs.com 50,000 - 199,999 $US
northcarolinajobs.com 50,000 - 199,999 $US

Mahouni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm positive that the sale will go through. It's one hella nice domain!

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domino's Pizza U.S. head sees recession
Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:47pm EDT

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The president of Domino's Pizza Inc's (DPZ.N: Quote, Profile, Research) U.S. business said on Wednesday that the U.S. economy is probably in a recession and consumers are feeling the pressure of the tough economic environment.

"Certainly, the consumer is not happy right now," said J. Patrick Doyle, president of Domino's USA, speaking at the Reuters Food Summit in Chicago.

But he said that the recessionary environment appears to be limited to the United States at the moment.

"So far, at least, this appears to be an entirely U.S. based phenomena," he said. Domino's Pizza operates in both the United States and abroad, in markets like Mexico, Australia, Japan and India.

Despite strength abroad, the pizza chain, like some other restaurant operators, has faced a difficult time with domestic sales, as it juggles higher commodity costs and price-sensitive consumers who are hesitant to spend on meals outside the home as they wrestle with rising food and fuel costs themselves.

In December, it posted a nearly 48 percent drop in its fourth-quarter net income, hurt by high cheese and wheat costs and a cash-strapped U.S. consumer.

Doyle said Domino's raised prices last year and tried to reduce certain promotions to offset rising commodity costs.

"We didn't get it all right," he said of the efforts. But he said he did not expect the pizza chain to have to increase prices in a "material" way this year.

"While you may still see some increases going forward, I think the sheer magnitude of the cost pressures that came through last year were really large. So most of the pricing that we had to take, we've taken," he said.

Doyle also said the pizza chain locked in its wheat costs for the year "well below where it is now."

One area that is performing well for Domino's is its online ordering business, which he said is growing "incredibly rapidly."

"Consumers are migrating there in a hurry," he said.

All the top U.S. pizza delivery chains -- Domino's, Pizza Hut and Papa John's International Inc (PZZA.O: Quote, Profile, Research) -- have invested in online ordering as a way to boost sales in one of the restaurant industry's most competitive segments.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm doing my bit for Dominos, twice a week normally :hungry:

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when you look at the best purchase of any domain in my opinion and that was 'property.com' by rick for $750 k
that to me for what money can be drained from that domain is a tiny percentage of its worth. truly an amazing domain.

i fail to see how pizza.com can return the price already.
unless a rival firm wans it. i dunno, guess it gets traffic of course but even still.

i appreciate what sashas said and do agree, the purchase of book/s by b&n was insightful and masterful

having said all that, if i had 2 million$ to buy some generics, you could get a clutch imho, especially in the coming year or so

'if' it completes like fearless said is big question

I can imagine Pizza.com getting a shit load of type ins each month, juts like Book and Books.com

How much would it cost you to get that many visitors if you put up an Adwords campaign on the keyword "Pizza"?

I'll agree though, that this is just not a domainer domain, neither a name to be used by a small developer who can't actually make and deliver pizzas.

You can't keep an inventory of pizzas and deliver them by postal mail; you have to have a local presence. You can, however, keep an inventory of books and send them via usps...and make a shit load of money if you had the Books.com domain name

Just proves that some names are better off in the hands of the proper end users rather than domainers/developers

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domino's Pizza U.S. head sees recession
Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:47pm EDT

One area that is performing well for Domino's is its online ordering business, which he said is growing "incredibly rapidly."

"Consumers are migrating there in a hurry," he said.

All the top U.S. pizza delivery chains -- Domino's, Pizza Hut and Papa John's International Inc (PZZA.O: Quote, Profile, Research) -- have invested in online ordering as a way to boost sales in one of the restaurant industry's most competitive segments.

Well this probably explains why the highest bid is already 2.5M... It was already quite obvious to me that the bidders are End-Users/Investment Companies because their bidding patern is ridiculous.

Last edited:

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with spending $5million on a name like this. You won't see it again and it'll never lose value IMHO.

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Even a frozen food pizza company like Totinos could use this domain.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If northcarolinajobs.com is worth $50k, pizza.com is worth 50 million.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would have to say $500 million if we are comparing apples and oranges.

Looks like a Shill trying to capitalize on the Pizza generosity of the buyers.

WhiteLight

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$3.7 million is my guess.
PIZZA.COM is pretty hot.
It is at $2,505,000 now. Few days left to go. It will be interesting to watch.

Last edited:

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
looks like at least 4 end users are competing for this name

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom