Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Please answer

Should I post this lists?

• YES

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • NO

Votes: 21 33.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have published now 2 lists with names that have snapback`s on, I have recived many positive feedback, but also some complaints, so I wan`t to know, if I should post this lists in future? Please vote!

PS! The thing is, that I scan for myself this drop lists almost every day, but I have never before pusblished them.

Thanks

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course you should, the complainers are simply upset that you are making it EASIER to get the daily list .

Thye act like it's a big secret..which is lame..it's all public information you are simply making it easier to access that info..

OR they sell the lists elsewhere..good forbide someone is giving the same information for free...which is Free to begin with...

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fredom of speech .. er I mean post.
Anyway Mods have said the post is fine so complaints have been listened to, considered and disregarded.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well done stuff! Post away...

toho

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff,

You can see in your NW tracker and consider by yourself.
Most of your listed domains are bidded US$2,000 by some guys.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by toho
stuff,

You can see in your NW tracker and consider by yourself.
Most of your listed domains are bidded US$2,000 by some guys.

Yes toho I noticed that also,

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All that this is doing is benefiting Namewinner. If we start with the knowledge that most of the high bids at Namewinner, before Stuff posts his lists, already belong to a DNForum member, then you can see that all the posting does is makes more money for Namewinner. The people who did their research and put in bids at Namewinner days or weeks ago, lose their bids to latecomers who are bidding so much that they lose even when they win the name.

Namewinner deserves to make a profit on their business. But, Stuff is making it so that ALL of the profit in the falling names is being taken away from the bidders. This means that the owner of the Snap has the best value. This means that we might as well have WLS so we don't have to pay $500 for a chance at a name that WLS will give us a maximized chance for at $50 or whatever it ends up costing retail.

By the way, this has nothing to do with free speech. Of course, anyone is free to post info that hurts most of the members and benefits one company. The question is: Why would anyone want to do that? :confused: :dead: :mad: :sad:

There has long been an unwritten rule here that it is not nice to use DNF to publicize names that are about to drop. Heaven knows, the dropping names have become competitive enough without members using the Forum to add fuel to the fire.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While the lists may be helpful, I don't think it's fair to give out these names as people that spend hours checking for names themselves end up getting screwed since now more people know about the domains.

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's your right to do so, but realize that you will make a lot of little friends and a lot of big enemies.

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
most of the big guns will crush your bid in a heartbeat so they don't mind. It's the guys who are going for the midlevel names and are trying to get some bargains that will be pissed.

You also may be alerting more of the big dog potential buyers in the process of broadcasting lists. Just think about it. If you post something PEOPLE WILL READ IT.

just do your own homework and quit passing the test around for everyone else to be lazy and cheat off of .\

----------------------------------

imho.
The number of yes votes on this thread should prove the overall thought level of this forum regarding drops.
yes = newbie/lazy
no = experienced/workhard

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainGoon
It's your right to do so, but realize that you will make a lot of little friends and a lot of big enemies.

Yes it`s 13 fo YEs
and 10 for No

So I think that I will not post this kind list again, I will haev to much enemies, If I will do it!

HLK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This Business is HARD work.
Why make it easy for lazy people?

Don't publish..

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuff

Yes it`s 13 fo YEs
and 10 for No

So I think that I will not post this kind list again, I will haev to much enemies, If I will do it!

Also, if you think about it, you will make more money for yourself by using the list to get the good names you want. Most of the rich people in the world didn't get that way by giving away their own advantages. You should use it. :)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainGoon

Also, if you think about it, you will make more money for yourself by using the list to get the good names you want. Most of the rich people in the world didn't get that way by giving away their own advantages. You should use it. :)

Yes that`s true ;)

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I'll say this. This last publication certainly helped NameWinner work a major kink out of their system regarding false bids (which benefits us ALL in the long run no matter how you look at it). They thought up a good solution. While I like the lists (because I do not hunt for drops religiously), it is probably best not to publish them. I feel lucky to not have had someone surf into my purchase names and start cranking their prices up. Even if it is by other strong buyers, there is something to be said for letting "the hunt" work naturally.

Best Regards,
~ Nexus

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I voted no.

I used to think it didn't make much difference whether a name got posted here or not. However, i have had the high bid, and sometimes the only bid on some names. After the names were posted here, the bids went up several thousand dollars within 5 minutes. (I'm not referring specifically to stuff's list but to other posted names)

It's very easy to see what names that are dropping and anyone who doesn't put in the effort to mine the drops simply doesn't deserve to know. I don't know why someone would want to alert some of the wealthy people on this forum as to what the best names are that are dropping. It completely ruins any chance of sneaking in a low bid.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greg,

Of all of the people posting here, you are the only one that really disappoints me. You run this forum for the benefit of your members, which is why many of us are willing to pay you. So, now you vote in favor of actions clearly disadvantageous to some, if not most of the members? For shame.

Posting expiring names just before they expire reminds me of a little girl who lived up the street, when I was about 5 yrs old. Her name was Susan. For about a week, in the afternoon, Susan (also about 5) would walk outside, pull up her skirt and pull down her panties, all to the applause and laughter of the neighborhood boys. This would last until Susan's mother would hear the commotion, come outside and give Susan a spanking as she dragged her daughter into the house. Susan got a lot of attention, but it was really not worth it to her in the end. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom