Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Please answer

Should I post this lists?

• YES

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • NO

Votes: 21 33.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny how the people that usually dont participate in discussions at DNF.. all come out of the shadows ? :laugh: ..

The same principle..you all just listen in and then use it to your financial advantage..but we dont all sit and whine about it..now do we..

The funniest part is you are complaining because people are opening up there wallets and making healthy bids...that will carry over into the entire domain aftermarket....whch helps everyone instead of just a select few..

The idea that it's a bunch of "work" is really amusing since even just the mid level scripts does all the sorting for you..

dictioanary words, 3 letter domains, digit domains, dmoz listed, all se's .. traffic domains.. ..You all just break into a terrible sweat trying to decide what you should let the script look for ..dont you..

:razz:

Seems like a perfect match for DNF....imagine all the new members Greg that would sign up at $50 a pop when the word got a round that you could buy lists here for DNF bucks !

Namewinner wins, you win, DNF wins , all the members win with more transactions on the threads(from the increase inmemebership) as well as on the Sunday auctions...

but what do I know..I'm just a rude unitelligent bum :laugh:

BTW.. I see Stuffs list was downloaded 112 times already..nah.. probably would be much interest in it..:D

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If your going to post lists, how about just posting the lists in the Platinum forum?.

Think about this though. If you've been watching a name and not many people know about it, then someone goes and posts it, and a bunch of people start going after it. How would you feel about that?.

RMF

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
If your going to post lists, how about just posting the lists in the Platinum forum?.

Think about this though. If you've been watching a name and not many people know about it, then someone goes and posts it, and a bunch of people start going after it. How would you feel about that?.

RMF

I would agree with that proposal..

RMF.. any name worth grabbing is already being gone after by a bunch of people..

AND ..there is a learning process ..the "bubble" will burst as all bubbles do and reality will set in..the bidding will fall back to realistic levels.. BUT everyone stiill benefits from the increase in "action"

I have more than said my piece on this.. my postion is clear...so I'll step out of the discussion now..

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
Funny how the people that usually dont participate in discussions at DNF.. all come out of the shadows ? :laugh: ..

The same principle..you all just listen in and then use it to your financial advantage..but we dont all sit and whine about it..now do we..

The funniest part is you are complaining because people are opening up there wallets and making healthy bids...that will carry over into the entire domain aftermarket....whch helps everyone instead of just a select few..

The idea that it's a bunch of "work" is really amusing since even just the mid level scripts does all the sorting for you..

dictioanary words, 3 letter domains, digit domains, dmoz listed, all se's .. traffic domains.. ..You all just break into a terrible sweat trying to decide what you should let the script look for ..dont you..

:razz:

Seems like a perfect match for DNF....imagine all the new members Greg that would sign up at $50 a pop when the word got a round that you could buy lists here for DNF bucks !

Namewinner wins, you win, DNF wins , all the members win with more transactions on the threads(from the increase inmemebership) as well as on the Sunday auctions...

but what do I know..I'm just a rude unitelligent bum :laugh:

BTW.. I see Stuffs list was downloaded 112 times already..nah.. probably would be much interest in it..:D

The point is, i would prefer to pay $500 to get a name as opposed
to not getting it because gregr and others find out about 5 minutes before it drops and the bidding shoots up to 12k.

Those of use who don't have that kind of money have been tracking the names 6 months to a year ahead of time before they drop. You're only options are either the first come first serve reservations, or the chance to hopefully sneak in a low bid.

So why would you want to give away one of your only advantages to those who already have the overwhelming advantage of almost unlimited wealth at their disposal available to bid against you?

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been distilling this same list since the first day that drops came back. It is not that tough to do, but it was something that most people either did not have the resources or the inclination for.

I have abstained from voting because I profit either way, but if I were not on both sides of the game I would likely take a dim view of this being made so readily available.

Having been in this game for as long as I have, I learned early on that the only way to get the edge is to make that edge happen. As I have stated many times here, Hard Work pays off. This type of thing is remeniscent of when Mr. Domain Guru (please don't get me started on that one...) opened up the whole thing to the world in the first place. And for what? Personal attention? Notoriety? The result? Those of us that already knew the "secret" (Hard Work) had to work even harder to keep ahead of the game. Those of you here that feel that they fit the category that knows the value of Hard Work might want to keep this in mind; it just got harder.

As for the comments from BidaWhiner about all the "great knowledge" being passed on in here and how the people who are just now weighing in their opinions are somehow of inferior knowledge is absolutely silly. This is probably the longest post I have made here in months. Does that put ME in that category?

No. I didn't think so.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your poll is confusing.

When you say, "should I post lists", do you mean should you post lists for free, or post lists for sale.

You asked for a yes, or no, but not sure what the question is.

(is it just me?) :eek:

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains
Your poll is confusing.

When you say, "should I post lists", do you mean should you post lists for free, or post lists for sale.

You asked for a yes, or no, but not sure what the question is.

(is it just me?) :eek:

Yes it`s only You.
Anyway, what`s the difference? For free or for 100 dnf-s? The main question is should I post this kind list?

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No you shouldn't, end of story. I don't see why it should only be posted in the platinum forum only either....gregr isn't making the lists up as a benifet to the paid members.

It's simple, you want the good names, work for it!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cyphix
No you shouldn't, end of story. I don't see why it should only be posted in the platinum forum only either....gregr isn't making the lists up as a benifet to the paid members.

It's simple, you want the good names, work for it!

I have the 16 march list also ready, I don`t know what I will do, maybe I will sell it for 250 dnf-s, but only 5 copys, will see, I will post it, if I publish it, and I will remove the names that I am bidding, I don`t give a **** what happens with other names, that I am not bidding, but so like I published 14 march list I will not publish it, because I think that someone did bid $2000 for every name in this list?

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuff

I have the 16 march list also ready, I don`t know what I will do, maybe I will sell it for 250 dnf-s, but only 5 copys, will see, I will post it, if I publish it, and I will remove the names that I am bidding, I don`t give a **** what happens with other names, that I am not bidding, but so like I published 14 march list I will not publish it, because I think that someone did bid $2000 for every name in this list?

how about we pay you not to post it.

i'll start. here's 250

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
someone did bid $2000 for every name in this list?

Seems like someone trying to screw out the NW system with a fake credit card so that their other catch services have a better chance.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool

how about we pay you not to post it.

i'll start. here's 250

Ok kidkool, it will not be posted.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mohno
I'll respect any decision.
Anyway, don't be fool by the result.
You should blame fake bidders not stuff.
This is not even the first;

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12976

I would not have posted reporter.com, but i checked the bids before i posted that name and the bids were around 5k even on some of the hidden drop services

However, after analyzing the bids i noticed that whenever someone posts even a halfway decent name the bids shoot up thousands within a few minutes.

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I didn't post the thread to blame you, kidkool.
It shows same argument about posting expiring names.
I felt that the result was some positive.
So, "I" have posted similar (but small) lists here or "Domain Wanted" sometimes.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firstly, before I start, I think it is very generous of anyone to post lists of expiring names, and I can appreciate the good intentions. Please don't think I am critising anyone.

However, I do not think this information is "free". I know that in the last few years I've spent a lot of time writing software to trawl the zonefiles, whois servers and lists that I pay money to subscribe to. I also spend at least a couple of hours a day doing the processing, keeping up with the latest trends, plus money I spend on various services, electricity.

I often plan my "attack" months in advance, and I find it frustrating to think that someone can see a post on the forum a day before the drop and outbid me. Some of you will argue that there is a chance someone will outbid me anyway, but the point is that particular person would not.

There is a lot of competition for dropping names these days. Competition is a good thing, but success shouldn't be handed out on a plate. Who really deserves to grab a dropping domain? The guy who can read a post, or the guy that spends the time to actually understand and process the data?

OK, I'm not a big player, but I know some of the guys here invest all their time and a lot of money in this business.

For a few days (several months ago) I was posting expired names from the exody list, until I realized what I was actually doing was disadvantaging the other exody members who pay $50/month for the lists. It's not fair on Dwayne, because why will people subscribe to his service if they can get the pick of his lists for free? The same goes for any service..

Posting "big" names like reporter.com isn't going to seriously effect anyone, because anyone with a chance knew about them months before the drop. List posting does disadvantage the people who target the medium names that sometimes go unnoticed, and it takes work to find those.

As for the poll results, there will always be more people who want to take the path of least resistance.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I would not have posted reporter.com, but i checked the bids before i posted that name and the bids were around 5k even on some of the hidden drop services

However, after analyzing the bids i noticed that whenever someone posts even a halfway decent name the bids shoot up thousands within a few minutes.

Yes and I belive You owe availnames.com where You also post names that will drop/expire soon? And You say that I should not publish the list?

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yes and I belive You owe availnames.com where You also post names that will drop/expire soon? And You say that I should not publish the list?

Stuff, that's a password protected site not public on dnforum...

Publish the list if you want. I personally don't want to have bid $8000(!) for names like "disks.com" after they are posted here. Don't get me wrong, I think it's quite generous of you to post such lists, but it does more harm than good. It's only beneficial to those who already have an overwhelming financial advantage.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Stuff, that's a password protected site not public on dnforum...

Publish the list if you want. I personally don't want to have bid $8000(!) for names like "disks.com" after they are posted here. Don't get me wrong, I think it's quite generous of you to post such lists, but it does more harm than good. It's only beneficial to those who already have an overwhelming financial advantage.

Yes, ok, then I should sell this list`s also for dnf-s do some buyers, then It`s ok?

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yes, ok, then I should sell this list`s also for dnf-s do some buyers, then It`s ok?

I still wouldn't do it unless you've decided to stop chasing drops.

I don't post soon to expire names at availnames anymore, and when i did i always left out names i was after.

Did you stop to think that you would be better off using the list to your advantage rather than selling 20 copies of it for a few $dnf.

If you make use of it yourself daily and consistently and keep it to yourself, you could get lucky and grab some huge names with a low bid every once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom