Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed PLease appraise BIBLE.NET

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

updatedsports

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thats a tough one to appraise since it probably wouldn't be a site that makes money. But its still probably worth around $500

sgopalam

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why not make decent money?
Just by making a $1 for each bible, one can make seveal thousands a year. Not to speak of all the great possibilities.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
updatedsports,

I think $500 is way low. I paid much more than that for the domain. The domain gets about 5,000 unique vistors per day plus has many links to it from different search engines. I used to run it as a free site for Christian abd Bible information, but I am thinking of selling it now. I got an appraisal of $34,000 from GreatDomains, but I wanted to see what the people of this fprum had to say, as I am new to to DNForum.com.

I appreciate your appraisal though. I sure hope it appraises at more than that though.

Thanks,
Adam

M

mike

If you want to sell it for top dollar you should send some unsolicited commercial e-mail (UCE is not SPAM) to your TARGETED list of prospects i.e. christian churches and organizations, televangelists, etc. Maybe hype the coming sale a couple weeks in advance. Include a link to your BIBLE.NET auction/sale page with every sale mail you send them. I imagine you should be able to find at least several hundred good e-mail addys that you can run a mail merge program with.

If it were mine I'd set the minimum bid at 5,000 usd and SHOW the reserve of $10,000.
If you were lucky enough to get a few soul savers caught up in the spirit of it all, it could easily go past a 10k reserve.

Unfortunately, I think Updated Sports is right too. It's current value to the regular ebay reseller/buyer crowd is probably around $500, maybe up to maybe $1500.

Rather than sell it though, I think I would capitalize on it's type in traffic by developing it and selling bibles as sgopalam so wisely suggested to you. That way you could generate a recurring revenue stream and increase BIBLE.NET's resale value at the same time to alot more than 10 or 15k. It could really snowball into something where you wouldn't want to sell it.

Hi woeger,

Its worth bearing in mind that greatdomains style 'paid appraisals' generally aren't worth the paper they are written on, just highly inflated appraisals to hype the value of domains and get people to buy more appraisals (though admittedly you get a free t-shirt :) ).

.net's don't exactly sell easily (from what I can see), though your names is a nice .net. Ultimately I'd say the main selling point is going to be the traffic its receiving from old links etc. If you empahise the traffic and have stats going back a year or so you could probably get around $5k in my opinion. Though of course your stats are going to trail off over time, as the links disappear.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wanted to thank everyone for their posts and comments about BIBLE.NET. I might just use it for a Bible sale site as some of you have recommended.

I appreciate all of your honesty about the value of the domain. You are right, it is probably worth a lot more developed than just 'up for sale' as it is now.

I also appreciate any more comments anyone might have, so I can make the best informed decision about this domain.

Thanks,

Adam Woeger

updatedsports, i'm intrigued to know the basis for your 5000 uniques=$8k post.

bible.net seems like a solid domain that has both traffic and an obvious vanity/descriptive quality too. Might be worth developing something and then seeing what offers come along after and comparing the 2.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well if it was me owning bible.net i surely would put up a bible sale page for monthly income plus besides the things already mentioned i would try to find out the phonenumbers of those TV-preachers managements and offer them the domain plus why not calling up Scientology and such - their approach is businessfocussed anyway so they might like to own a domain like Bible.net redirecting to their main site.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by woeger updatedsports, I think $500 is way low. I paid much more than that for the domain. The domain gets about 5,000 unique vistors per day plus has many links to it from different search engines. I used to run it as a free site for Christian abd Bible information, but I am thinking of selling it now. I got an appraisal of $34,000 from GreatDomains, but I wanted to see what the people of this fprum had to say, as I am new to to DNForum.com. I appreciate your appraisal though. I sure hope it appraises at more than that though. Thanks, Adam

Bible.net is a very good name, one of the best .net's. But that's the problem, it's a Net not a Com. Most of its 5,000 uniques a day I am sure come from a combination of links and search engines. I believe mostly from its many links from what I understand.

The many links will gradually go away over time unless constant link marketing work is done, or after some time the links would likely all but evaporate for various reasons.

Same with SE listings, It needs constant SEO. Also, sometimes the SE's drop or even ban sites for many reasons, not always valid reasons but they do it anyway. An example is the #1 SE Google, over the past few mos they have been hard at work either banning, reducing positions, or devalued Page Ranks to a Page Rank of zero on zillions of web-sites for odd reasons, more than occasionally for non-valid reasons or in error.

This all means the 5,000 uniques a day could in the future drop significantly. However, if it was a Dot-Com a good percentage of the uniques would still be there due mostly to type-ins. I am sure Bible.com gets lots of type-ins but Bible.net probably gets very few. I would estimate its value at approx' $1,500.

This example about how traffic can go away is what makes .com so much more valuable than the other extensions.

G

gbrott

$500 is a joke - way too low.

of course .net is not as good, but it is still a simple, straightforward domain that is worth MANY multiples of $500.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gbrott,

Thanks for your posting. It gives me a sense of validation. I have always known that BIBLE.NET was very valuable, and it took me almost 6 years of trying to obtain it from 2 different sellers. They just didn't want to part with it, and I understand why.

I paid a handsome sum for it not too long ago, and I would like to get what I paid back plus a little profit, as I decided not to develop it at this time.

Based on what everyone has posted here, I have decided to make it available for $15,000. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks again for all you commentary, advice and appraisals. While I understand that many visitors to this forum are domain name brokers who buy at wholesale prices, I believe the rarity/uniqueness of this name, plus its development potential is worth far more than how many 'type in' visitors it gets a day, hence its price at $15,000.

Adam Woeger
woeger@usa.net

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by woeger gbrott, Thanks for your posting. It gives me a sense of validation. I have always known that BIBLE.NET was very valuable, and it took me almost 6 years of trying to obtain it from 2 different sellers. They just didn't want to part with it, and I understand why. I paid a handsome sum for it not too long ago, and I would like to get what I paid back plus a little profit, as I decided not to develop it at this time.
Based on what everyone has posted here, I have decided to make it available for $15,000. If anyone is interested, please let me know. Thanks again for all you commentary, advice and appraisals. While I understand that many visitors to this forum are domain name brokers who buy at wholesale prices, I believe the rarity/uniqueness of this name, plus its development potential is worth far more than how many 'type in' visitors it gets a day, hence its price at $15,000.Adam Woegerwoeger@usa.net

Agree, Bible.net is a very good domain, which is why I fail to understand why you do not have a simple website with some products or services for sale (and a link on it to its for sale info if wanted).

Why waste 5,000 uniques a day and have them visit a parked domain for sale page when for a small fee you could put up a real website? Keep in mind, your traffic is like an ice cube, every day it melts away since there is no active website. Liinks and SE listings are wasting away like that ice cube does.

You could go here www.webfirms.com and get for $27-mo webhosting and also personal assistance with its setup, maintanance and even uploading of the htm files.

flex

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by woeger
I wanted to thank everyone for their posts and comments about BIBLE.NET. I might just use it for a Bible sale site as some of you have recommended.

I appreciate all of your honesty about the value of the domain. You are right, it is probably worth a lot more developed than just 'up for sale' as it is now.

I also appreciate any more comments anyone might have, so I can make the best informed decision about this domain.

Thanks,

Adam Woeger

yeah, don't sell away the name. develop it and make some cash out of it. it's a gold mine :cool:

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wanted to thank everyone who posted on this thread and gave me advice. Due to the popularity of this thread, I have been contacted by many people about this domain since yesterday, and I have decided to accept an offer to sell BIBLE.NET this morning. SO now, BIBLE.NET has been SOLD .

The buyer will remain anonymous unless he/she chooses to disclose the price and their name.

Thanks again for everyone who posted of this thread again, and thanks to the buyer of BIBLE.NET!

Adam Woeger
woeger@usa.net

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good job, Woeger. There are a lot of hidden buyers silently looking at the posts here for gems. Yours was definitely a gem, and Microsoft will only promote .NET. Hope you got a good price. :)

vialli

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats Woeger.

Damn, where are those .net's I had.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators