Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Please appraise HostingPortal.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased HostingPortal.com from BuyDomains.com and am wondering if I overpaid for it. I plan on creating a Hosting Directory. There are only about 4 available, but all of those charge out the "-"wazoo" to get your hosting website listed.

I just want the name appraised, without the marketing and content. Any and all feedback will be appreciated.

Domain summit 2024

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
BuyDomains minimum purchase is $488.
And I do not see this domain being worth more then $200.
So I would definitely say you overpaid for it.

Attilio

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I think $500 is not an unfair price for this name.

Also if its afetrmarket value were a little lower it is still one of the best names (excluding stellar ones) you could find for your project and this will surely help you a lot.

Good luck,

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. I assumed that it it more valuable simply because the cost of advertising is outrageous, but I appreciate your opinions.

I have now partially developed the site, so it should definately be more valuable now. Any new appraisals, including the content?

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
$1250 even without any traffic.

So many lazy people including myself, would love the opportunity to get a turnkey site, such as this one. Script is integrated. Design finished. All that is left is spreading the word. And the advertising revenue generated on some of these types of sites is outrageous. Only problem I see with it is a saturated market. And hard to distinguish yourself amongst so many others. Unless you have a very unique, extensive, custom built script.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$50? You have to be kidding or have never marketed any websites. If I can get one advertiser throughout my lifetime it would be worth more than $50.

Its an attractive looking domain name imo. Hosting is big dollar business, and there are some great affiliate deals and also the bigger ppc search engines pay good amounts per click for hosting traffic (e.g. overture $5.39 and fw $2.58 per click).

But I don't think it has the high bucks value until you've plugged in some of these revenue streams and have promoted it elsewhere to generate traffic. Its a domain that would make an attractive turnkey sale once you've done this (as people can do the same with any domain, but it doesn't neccessarily look professional).

Value right now: what you paid for it
Value once developed: depends how big you grow it, but I'd think you'd be able to talk in the $5k plus arena if you put work into setting things up to compliment the name (e.g. directories, forums, ratings, advice etc).

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How much value is added to the domain/ website when I include other quality domain names:

HostingAffiliates.com
CheapTraffic.com

CatholicHosting.com
AfricanHosting.com
UncensoredHosting.com

Again, I appreciate all of your comments....

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By the way, I read an article that the hosting industry will be earning 20 Billion dollar's annually by 2004.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I gather you are referring to domain basket offerings to enhance your value to the buyer.

That's a great approach, and adds that extra competitive differentiator to what you are selling.

Would recommend it fully. But make sure the domains in your basket are rationalised properly so that the buyer can quickly see that one works off the other, and the other, and the other.

You need to package the whole bundle well, just like a box of assorted chocolates.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by brn2h8
By the way, I read an article that the hosting industry will be earning 20 Billion dollar's annually by 2004.

A prediction that launched a thousand dreams :)

That may be true, but profit margins are being hit badly today by all the cut-throat competition.

You need to benchmark yourself against hostindex.com.

Being first in is often, but not always, the most lucrative. For a while, at least.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mole, much appreciated....

"HostingAffiliates.com" - nice domain especially if backed by a ranking system based on punctuality of payment etc

"CheapTraffic.com" - another nice domain, traffic rental is a growing business and price is a main motivator.

sunja

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
um this thread was from 2002..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators