Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Please appraise

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am unfamilar on how popular these services are. Or what it is exactly. Answer this, in a casual convo about this thing would people say:

"ah Yes I love my Galileo system (or navigation)"
or do they say
"ah Yes I love my Galileo"

If they say GalileoSystem/Navigation
I'd say its worth about $500-$10,000 each.

But if people just refer to it as just the "Galileo", and those are just random additional words added, I'd say they are worth what you paid for them. $10.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you're going to have a hard time selling these names (regardless of the geographical market). The biggest reason is that they contain little, if any, commercial value.

Unless you sold these names to the European Commission or the European Space Agency I don't see how you or anyone else can profit from them.

Good luck though,
Chris

Unless you sold these names to the European Commission or the European Space Agency I don't see how you or anyone else can profit from them.

Enyone who will resell those services, could profit from this.
Like personal tracking, car tracking, enyone that sells hardware or software for this could profit. Like the US GPS, they have a lot of companys that sell GPS accessories or GPS services.

Market for this is going to be quite big, ecpecialy since all EU members went into Galileo system together.

Have high hopes for this.

Thx

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're right. Thanks for helping me to see more clearly. There "is" a lot of profit potential in these names.

Thanks and good luck,
Chris

Best case: "Galileo" as a term is used in the same way "GPS" is - that would make galileonavigation.com good, but not galileosystem.com.

Worst case: when it goes mainstream, its marketed using initials or a coined brandname, which would make the domains worthless.

I don't think anyone could give even a ballpark projected value on these that would be useful because of the variables at play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom