• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Please Help Appraise First Name . mobis

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

todd69101

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
1,422
Reaction score
0
Call me stupid which Im sure some of you will,But I had to do it:
Bruces.mobi
Brads.mobi
Kathys.mobi
Cindys.mobi
Cathys.mobi
Gregs.mobi
georges.mobi
Helens.mobi
Jills.mobi
Randys.mobi
Beths.mobi
Lizs.mobi
Garys.mobi

ALL Thoughts Welcomed... Thanks
 
I like the singular versions much better...but there are people, for vanity purposes, may like the plural...also, I could see some restaurant names, being among some of the names you regged.

At the moment I would put them at reg fee - 2x regfee if you found a buyer for vanity purposes.
 
As mentioned, unless there is a particularly famous restaurant or pub or club that is world reknown, these are not that appealing.

Can't see a club starting up on a mobi for all the Brads in the world.

At this point, reg fee imo
 
I thought if brad owned the pub the plural does show ownership though. Brads could be nails also!!
 
jills, randys and garys are mid $$ the rest is regfee IMO
 
Thanks for all the opinions I just listed all them on e-ay.
 
Okay, so brad owns a pub on the corner of west and main in Bumdeal, USA.

He now owns Brads.mobi. Business?

If you want to make an argument for nails, then I accept that. Your only hope regarding nails or fasteners would be to sell to a nail manufacturer or a wholesaler.

Reg fee...until you can find that niche.
 
Out of curiousity .. if these names were all singular (ie Brad.mobi, Jill.mobi etc) .. what would you appraise them at?
 
the plural of a given or surname holds light value to even the vain. Hardley worth reg fee, but this is the domain biz so you never know who comes knockin' from one day to the next.

Even in .com or .net, even the local ccTLD of the potential buyer holds minimal value in plural form.

Ask yourself how much your willing to pay for Todds.mobi and that should help you realize the value. Anyone willing to pay a decent buck for a plural would easily consider the .com first.
 
the plural of a given or surname holds light value to even the vain. Hardley worth reg fee, but this is the domain biz so you never know who comes knockin' from one day to the next.

Even in .com or .net, even the local ccTLD of the potential buyer holds minimal value in plural form.

Ask yourself how much your willing to pay for Todds.mobi and that should help you realize the value. Anyone willing to pay a decent buck for a plural would easily consider the .com first.

Ya know...I agree.

I got my first name .mobi but did not give a damn about the plural of my name...Now if I was opening a restaurant...there may be a differnt story.
 
Again thanks for everyones input. I do know that singular would be a way better domain, but they werent available.. Have a Great Day!!
 
Again thanks for everyones input. I do know that singular would be a way better domain, but they werent available.. Have a Great Day!!

regging a bad domain because a good one was taken is not a good strategy to reg domains. If 5 good ones were not available take those $50 and buy one good one.
 
Okay, so brad owns a pub on the corner of west and main in Bumdeal, USA.

He now owns Brads.mobi. Business?

If you want to make an argument for nails, then I accept that. Your only hope regarding nails or fasteners would be to sell to a nail manufacturer or a wholesaler.

Reg fee...until you can find that niche.

Well said! I never thought that was a possibility. Find your target market lick Doc Com mentioned, you still have a good chance of selling them at a good price.

Sometime, you need to be creative and create value where non existed.

Good luck. You are far from stupid. You just created a niche...

Cheers!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom