Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

developed Plotted.com - Maps and Satellite Imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking for offers for plotted.com with the website.

The website is custom coded by myself and written in PHP. It works off the Google Maps API. It's most popular feature is the mini API I wrote for using Goolge Maps API.

What that does is basically simplify the Google Maps process making it easier for novice programers / web designers to put maps or satellites on their website. More information can be found at http://www.plotted.com/api

An example of this being used can be found on animalshelter.com, goto: http://www.animalshelter.org/shelters/details.asp?rescueGuid={C196B275-9E1F-4195-9BC6-BE5626EF4737}&rescueState=&postalCode=
to see it in action.

As you see, it says under the map on animalshelter.org, Generated by Plotted.com. You could change this to display ads instead of basically a back link.

There are many organic backlinks that people have added to the site, as it defenitly serves a purpose and none of these links have been solicited.

Revenue isn't that great, I just recently added Google ads to the page. Someone with some more time than myself could make this into a great, useful website by adding some more local features to it, such as advertisements for local apartment rentals, etc.

This is also a one word .com that fits the website pretty nicely.

Traffic has been pretty good.

July had 4931 hits with 902 uniques.
August so far has had 716 hits with 273 uniques.

So far in August 485 visitors have come from animalshelter.org and 168 have been type-ins. There are also smaller websites using this service but whose numbers are not as high as animalshelter.org.

Traffic has been growing through backlinks and the addition of animalshelter.org using its service and loving it. The owner of animalshelter.org has been inquiring about futhering the service and this would be a perfect partnership for anyone who knows PHP to expand on the script.

The potential here is great, I just do not have the time, and adding such things from affiliate programs to the map(as I have added basic news and weather) would make the ads pretty good since they would be targeted to the local of the searcher.

Screenshots can be found:

July
August

Any questions / comments please do not be shy to ask. Thanks!

David.

Domain Summit 2024

spiral

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No idea how much you are looking for, I'll offer $150.00

dberube said:
I am looking for offers for plotted.com with the website.

The website is custom coded by myself and written in PHP. It works off the Google Maps API. It's most popular feature is the mini API I wrote for using Goolge Maps API.

What that does is basically simplify the Google Maps process making it easier for novice programers / web designers to put maps or satellites on their website. More information can be found at http://www.plotted.com/api

An example of this being used can be found on animalshelter.com, goto: http://www.animalshelter.org/shelters/details.asp?rescueGuid={C196B275-9E1F-4195-9BC6-BE5626EF4737}&rescueState=&postalCode=
to see it in action.

As you see, it says under the map on animalshelter.org, Generated by Plotted.com. You could change this to display ads instead of basically a back link.

There are many organic backlinks that people have added to the site, as it defenitly serves a purpose and none of these links have been solicited.

Revenue isn't that great, I just recently added Google ads to the page. Someone with some more time than myself could make this into a great, useful website by adding some more local features to it, such as advertisements for local apartment rentals, etc.

This is also a one word .com that fits the website pretty nicely.

Traffic has been pretty good.

July had 4931 hits with 902 uniques.
August so far has had 716 hits with 273 uniques.

So far in August 485 visitors have come from animalshelter.org and 168 have been type-ins. There are also smaller websites using this service but whose numbers are not as high as animalshelter.org.

Traffic has been growing through backlinks and the addition of animalshelter.org using its service and loving it. The owner of animalshelter.org has been inquiring about futhering the service and this would be a perfect partnership for anyone who knows PHP to expand on the script.

The potential here is great, I just do not have the time, and adding such things from affiliate programs to the map(as I have added basic news and weather) would make the ads pretty good since they would be targeted to the local of the searcher.

Screenshots can be found:

July
August

Any questions / comments please do not be shy to ask. Thanks!

David.

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for offer..

Looking for a little more than that. But thanks none the less!

David.

levity

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice Job, I'll bid $250

fishbizbob

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How much has the site made? I see it has Adsense.

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fishbizbob said:
How much has the site made? I see it has Adsense.

Not much, about $2-$3. I havn't had it up long at all, and I planed on taking it down if not sold. The monetization for this site has not even been close to being up to it's potential. I want (if not sold), if I can find the time, to add local real estate listings through affiliates, and other PPC search's all based around the address entered in. Has a lot of potential.

David.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I was reading through the terms of the Google Maps API and perhaps you could enlighten me on something. Since the key issued by Google is personalized, that means you are bound to that key, correct? In other words, your PHP code passes that key to Google each time such query is performed from the Plotted.com web site. I was also wondering if the fact that you developed your own API is violating the rules of the license - which provides a javascript interface.

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
I was reading through the terms of the Google Maps API and perhaps you could enlighten me on something. Since the key issued by Google is personalized, that means you are bound to that key, correct? In other words, your PHP code passes that key to Google each time such query is performed from the Plotted.com web site. I was also wondering if the fact that you developed your own API is violating the rules of the license - which provides a javascript interface.

No the key is specific to the domain. I have two keys, one for www.plotted.com and one for plotted.com and I made php decipher which one the user typed in so that it will work either way. When I was developing plotted.com I had gotten help from Google Maps's team on their groups and they like what I did. So I don't think there is anything wrong.

Google Maps API is in Javascript, and isn't easy to learn, so that was the reasoning for me making a mini api for it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Excellent Dave. I will consider your price range and will PM you with my offer.

levity

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
can we get some feedback as to highest bid, timeframes, etc? Is this a PM process or should we post?

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rad, levity, the price range is in the high XXX to low-mid XXXX. No timeframe, I just won't sell it for any lower than that. It's mostly a PM process, but as you can see some people have posted here. The highest bid is over $500. Feel free to PM me.

David.

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I added another version of plotted.com. Check it out goto the site. A litte more graphical, but still has access to the old version. And of course, both come with the sale.

Also, you will get free hosting for 6 months for the site with no limits.

Keep sending me offers.

David.

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Note: Just incase you went to the site, plotted.com, it was down for a few hours today. I was updating my nameservers. It is working now and check it out, especially the new design...

David.

NOTE:

BIN Set at $900.

PM or Post Sold!

hoZt

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you going to resell the software you developed to run plotted.com?

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nope. This sale means everything is yours and all yours and you can do what you want with it.

$900 BIN...

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BIN Lowered to $825,

I am probably not going to lower it anymore, this is a STEAL, and if I didn't loose everything in Vegas I most defenitly wouldn't sell for this price.. PM or post SOLD to claim!

This is a GREAT deal for an excellent service this is.

David

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
The concept is great, however I wonder how tested and bug-free the software/script is. E.g. I get broken images when using the direct link provided to a longtitude/latitude coords - for example: http://plotted.com/show.php?lat=37.97536918196835&long=23.736573457717896

The images appear only when I switch mode.

There is a note above the image telling the user to switch to satellite mode, this has nothing to do with my end. This is Google MAPS and sometimes they do not have maps for areas. Most likely outside of the United States.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom