Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

PM Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really don't care who it's from, I don't appreciate PM spam from anyone.

Of course today I receive an email from DNForum that says I have a new PM from MediaHound saying he is happy to announce that Bido is open again.

Who cares? Certainly not me.

Members pay hundreds of dollars to join the forums here so "Former DNF Admin's" can spam us?

This user needs to go bye bye along with all their posts for abusing the forum. Their thread is already filling up with users complaining about the spam.

----------------------------------------

Spam Definition
The word "Spam" as applied to Email means Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE").

Unsolicited means that the Recipient has not granted verifiable permission for the message to be sent. Bulk means that the message is sent as part of a larger collection of messages, all having substantively identical content.

A message is Spam only if it is both Unsolicited and Bulk.

----------------------------------------

Unsolicited - check
Bulk - check

Spam = yes

Upvote 0

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they've already said it was a paid advertisement... i really cant pretend to be too outraged. this is the first PM spam i've gotten here since i signed up (and paid $400) in 2006.

now at somewhere like namepros, where the forum is based on a completely free model, i wouldnt mind occasional receiving PM spam if it pays the bills. probably many folks are thinking along the same lines.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I couldnt be arsed reading all the threads.. so paid advertisment, well that is just sad, part of the reason why I no longer frequent this forum is the constant deludge of crappy advertising that look like they were created by a child.

Very Dissapointing, what ever happened to the good old DNF..

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I ignored it like I do with all the other's members feelings and concerns.

he he he

I can have fun anytime I want to.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
they've already said it was a paid advertisement... i really cant pretend to be too outraged. this is the first PM spam i've gotten here since i signed up (and paid $400) in 2006.

It's possible this was NOT paid, but rather an excuse to legitimize sending it.

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Paid or not, there's no way for us to really know.

But the fact remains:
it was unsolicited, was sent in bulk, and promoted a commercial service.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since Bido DEFENDS the use of spam, I've decided to spam their threads.

Everyone, feel free to post your own spam here, they think it's OK:

http://www.dnforum.com/f549/today-bido-buycheaply-com-thread-353154.html

======

UPDATE:

Shortly after complaining about Bido.com's recent spamming of the private mailboxes of DNForum users, someone began attempting to enroll my email address to various gay websites:

I really don't care if Media Hound and his "life partners" are gay or not, but using homosexual spam to harrass people shows how low these people will go.

DNF should pull any and all advertising from them after this insult to DNF members and violation of its rules.

Here are some of Media Hound's faviorite publications, apparently:
---
[email protected]
To confirm your subscription to the Gay Journey Newsletter, please click the link below and follow the instructions.

----
[email protected]
This is a test message from the Gay/Lesbian Relationships site at BellaOnline.com. If you have received this message, then you are properly subscribed to the Gay/Lesbian Relationships newsletter and will start receiving your subscription shortly.

-----
Someone, hopefully you, has subscribed your email address to the following newsletters:
* LGF Newsletter

----
[email protected]
Hello there,
You recently requested an email subscription to Gay News from Gay Agenda.

There are more, but you get the idea. Bido is obviously very, very upset that we have complained about their spamming, so they pulling the old high school prank of trying to sign us up for spam from others.

You would have to be a total idiot to do business with Bido.com after this.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very Dissapointing, what ever happened to the good old DNF..

Greed Breeds...

I've quiffed before how, imo, DNF has gone from a more Community-minded web site (ie: the good old DNF) to, nowadaze, a more Individualitic-minded web site (much like society as a whole, with its collapsing markets), whereby, for example, announcements of value-added features for members has gone unfulfilled time and time again, only to be replaced with less than savoury smoke and mirrors services, which lack the integrity to be transparent (such as with deleting facts and truths which are not, as I can only assume, condusive to growing profits?).

...Mean Deeds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom