Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Politics.mobi

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
re: Politics.mobi - based on previous sales of .mobi names, 5Gs for this is cheap imo - depending on your need for liquidity, I would hold on to this one for an offer more in tune to min. $XX,xxx Better yet, put a mobile forum under the name and away you go - let the Politics fly! (increasing value in the meantime ;) )

re: Global Warming & "...global warming is not a threat for the economy..it see it rather as a motor.." - as a (quasi-former) Economists I don't even know where to start with that one, other then to say it's just wrong. I think the Avian Flu may strike first (which could only be a short time away) and depending on the world wide severity (1 Mill vs. 100's of Millions dead), may trigger the 2nd Depression. In the event of any catastrophic event (avian flu or otherwise which may or may not be on the near horizon), Market uncertainy with supply & distribution chain disruptions lead to an erosion of consumer confidence, and to the extreme, public and market panic leading to protectionism and hording of the diminishing resources, will ultimately undermind the fundmentals of the global economy; and thus is a threat (to the collective - to a select few, it will be very profitable, of course). Minor events are already costing businesses and consumers millions of dollars in 'unexpected' expenditures. With money and spending largely attached to emotion, 'the herd' will panic once spooked from it's normal routine, as most often quick change in society/the world can easily create such fear, panic and knee-jerk reactions. Look @ 9-11 as an example of fear and over-reation (then: Al Quida = 9-11 & Al Quida = Iraq therefore Iraq = 9-11), but hey, hindesight IS 20-20 right? (now: Al Quida still = 9-11 but Iraq = mistake as Iraq Does Not = 9-11 and it's now Yrs later) (assuming it all wasn't by capitalistic design for the greedy few ;)).

...and no matter what, if the world commits globacide vise-a-vie global warming or otherwise - world economies are moot. :p Bring on the Moon Economy! eCommerce.moon :D

Best Success in ALL Your Endeavours radioz!
PS : This is one of the best Threads I've read in a while - Thx Everyone! DNF ROX!

yoyosean

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
global warming is a ridiculous claim it was hotter on earth in the 30's than it is now, it is simply a cause to get behind for political reasons

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
re: Global Warming & "...global warming is not a threat for the economy..it see it rather as a motor.." - as a (quasi-former) Economists I don't even know where to start with that one, other then to say it's just wrong.

I like the debate, but I have to tell you (as real Economist) that events that cause companies and governments to invest and to spend does not cause a depression..the opposite is the case...
..the global warming issue is very different from the avian flu scenario...in the global warming scenario you are faced with a lot of expenses, such as improving buidlings, upgrading and develop new car engines, spending more money on climate research, reparing weather damages, new jobs, improving many different things..I am sure you know that every additional dollar spent goes around 4-7 times depending on tax rate and investment rate., the need to adjust to a chaning environment costs money, and the bottom line is that this is from an economics point of view a good thing...

so yeah...why not develop you politics.mobi into a global warming forum..

H2FC

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the debate, but I have to tell you (as real Economist) that events that cause companies and governments to invest and to spend does not cause a depression..the opposite is the case...
..the global warming issue is very different from the avian flu scenario...in the global warming scenario you are faced with a lot of expenses, such as improving buidlings, upgrading and develop new car engines, spending more money on climate research, reparing weather damages, new jobs, improving many different things..I am sure you know that every additional dollar spent goes around 4-7 times depending on tax rate and investment rate., the need to adjust to a chaning environment costs money, and the bottom line is that this is from an economics point of view a good thing...

so yeah...why not develop you politics.mobi into a global warming forum..

I respect your opinion but I gotta tell you I've read reports saying global warming is expected to cost the world economy Trillions of$$....the highest I've seen is 18 trillion. Every person on earth is expected to bear the expense of it in one way or the other.....very few if any will benefit from it. Do a google search and read up on it....its not a good thing for any of us.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I respect your opinion but I gotta tell you I've read reports saying global warming is expected to cost the world economy Trillions of$$....the highest I've seen is 18 trillion. Every person on earth is expected to bear the expense of it in one way or the other.....very few if any will benefit from it. Do a google search and read up on it....its not a good thing for any of us.

Exactly! Thats what I am saying, its gonna cost money, cost as in "spending" not cost as in "loss", thats a big difference..its obviously bad from an "ecological point of view" but not from an "economical point of view"

H2FC

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Thats what I am saying, its gonna cost money, cost as in "spending" not cost as in "loss", thats a big difference..its obviously bad from an "ecological point of view" but not from an "economical point of view"

I don't think I could possibly disagree with you more on this. Look at it this way. Hurricane Katrina almost completely destroyed New Orleans and that's costing the insurance companies as well as our government billions of $$. Guess who has to pay for that. Its all of us in higher taxes and higher insurance rates. I live in Florida and my property insurance rates have gone through the ceiling. Now, when the Florida keys as well as parts of the gulf coast and the eastern seaboard goes underwater do you think those property owners are going to benefit from that? There will be no insurance coverage for that and most of those homeless people will be dependant on the government for support and a place to live...just as the Katrina victims are now. That is just a very small example of what is likely to happen. If you consider the crop losses and other major catastrophies that are a likely result of global warming (when I say global warming I mean just an average higher temperture of 4 or 5 degrees), we will be lucky to come out of it with our lives. I really don't expect anybody to benefit from it. I hope and pray our leaders will wake up and start doing something about it before its too late.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think I could possibly disagree with you more on this. Look at it this way. Hurricane Katrina almost completely destroyed New Orleans and that's costing the insurance companies as well as our government billions of $$. Guess who has to pay for that. Its all of us in higher taxes and higher insurance rates. I live in Florida and my property insurance rates have gone through the ceiling. Now, when the Florida keys as well as parts of the gulf coast and the eastern seaboard goes underwater do you think those property owners are going to benefit from that? There will be no insurance coverage for that and most of those homeless people will be dependant on the government for support and a place to live...just as the Katrina victims are now. That is just a very small example of what is likely to happen. If you consider the crop losses and other major catastrophies that are a likely result of global warming (when I say global warming I mean just an average higher temperture of 4 or 5 degrees), we will be lucky to come out of it with our lives. I really don't expect anybody to benefit from it. I hope and pray our leaders will wake up and start doing something about it before its too late.

I am not gonna argue with you about the economic implications anymore, because it seems you have trouble to differentiate between personal drama and GDP effects,..the main costs that will occur are not associated with deseasters but with all the other aspects mentioned..

...I do agree that we need to do something about our environment, although its a typical reaction in our country to call on politicians when at the same time still everyone is unwilling to give up the big car or reduce waste, refuses to pay more for energy efficient windows and doors, most people refuse to recyle and still throw batteries and such in the regualar trash, people in our country can hate Europeans all they want, but one thing they have is a sense of responsibilty, and until we are willing to give up a little comfort in our lives nothing will change..we love to point fingers and I can hear people already saying...look at China and their CO2 emissions...

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of .mobi, but some things go better with the extension than others. generic things that make sense:

screensavers
wallpapers
ringtones
music
videos
games
etc.

generic things that dont (or at least will be difficult to capitalize on):

gardens
lawnmowers
desks
chairs
kitchens
basements
etc.

'politics' is a great generic word. 'politics.mobi' will be very tough to brand or market. hard to put a value on. $5k is a great offer at this stage of the game.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
politics is always a good business

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If politics had been on the list with:
news.mobi
weather.mobi

for special applications only, we wouldn't have been surprised.........
nuff said
its premium. top players will want it. news, media, government
you'll get mid $xx,xxx for it i'm sure
it's a holder
Pred ;)

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Aerrial, it doesn't fit the extension
I don't think you'll see another $5K offer for a long time

H2FC

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of .mobi, but some things go better with the extension than others. generic things that make sense:

screensavers
wallpapers
ringtones
music
videos
games
etc.

generic things that dont (or at least will be difficult to capitalize on):

gardens
lawnmowers
desks
chairs
kitchens
basements
etc.

'politics' is a great generic word. 'politics.mobi' will be very tough to brand or market. hard to put a value on. $5k is a great offer at this stage of the game.

You left out NEWS in the first group and, of course, POLITICS is always news.

hunnam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a fantastic mobi, although I could be the Frank Spencer of domain names I can see massive potential here.

I would not sell for 5k especially with the local elections in May 07, I was a temp for the local elections a few years back and there were thousands ringing up wanting to know the results in Newcastle alone and country wide your talking about hundreds of thousands.

Like I said its a fantastic mobi and would hate to see you sell it for 5k and lose a good few thousand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom