Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Politics.mobi

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a $5K offer for this name. Any thoughts?

Thanks!:greenconfused:

keyser

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take the money and run.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What the......!? only 5k!?

make them wait. Do you know how much news channels and politicians have!? Can you imagine the money that just one politician or news channel would pay for that!? It seems tempting, but my advice is to wait. If they contacted you this early, then they would pay more later. there are more people who dont know about this .mobi extension that would pay more than that.

I would feel the same as you right now if i had that name. But they can wait. Right now, your politics.mobi is worth 5k. Just like bonds, they will only increase in value while you wait. If you had politics.com, would you sell it for 5k? if so, sell. If you think its worth more, keep it.

The world of politics on mobile (anywhere and anytime) is in your hands.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, yu'll have many offers for this figure in time. There's no rush.
Very difficul to put a value on.
Is the offer via sedo?
If so counter with $40k
If they disappear , fine.
If you need the cash bad later, you can always go via your sedo broker (who will know who made the offer & try & thrash out a deal.)
I have a feeling if you put it on here or NP you would prob. get a buyer for $5k anyway.
Be brave. It's a strong domain
Pred ;)

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes. :smilewinkgrin:
I agree with Pred. He explained it better than i did. He makes a strong point. Keep it for a while until you get a better proposal. If you need the money, then counter offer.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
take the money, its simple to appraise high, unless those that appraise it at more than 5k are willing to pay more...

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
take the money, its simple to appraise high, unless those that appraise it at more than 5k are willing to pay more...

This is a silly argument for this domain. We as resellers don't have the funds to buy every domain that appears good value etc lol
Many of us are fortunate to have a lot of nice mobi's already too. ;)
The fact is the potential of this domain is staggering. Think of the enduser potential.
The media & politicians love trying to control what we see, here is another tool for them.
We know you don't like the extension, but we need to go on current sales. The here & now & general experience.
You have no idea who's bidding. You are assuming it is a reseller. It maybe & they still would go a lot higher imo.
Taking the first bid is always bad advice imo.
The only exception is where the offer is too good to be true or a tm or an awful domain, or all three! lol
Pred

yoyosean

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Or put it on auction no reserve worst case scenario you get $5k best case it goes for a lot more.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or put it on auction no reserve worst case scenario you get $5k best case it goes for a lot more.

Yeah , he could do. But the point is he shouldn't feel pressured into selling.
I think we should be holding our domains. Certainly the best ones. We all need to flip some to get an income. However this is a really special domain imo.
If the owner needs cash, cool, but counter offer. Try some negotiation.
It's partly what this game is about .
I would either counter or sit & wait for a higher offer. I would not send to auction. Only send to auction once some efort has been made to inform endusers etc & a higher offer has been received. Then get sedo to do some more legwork for you
Pred

yoyosean

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
counter with $100k see what happens.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a silly argument for this domain. We as resellers don't have the funds to buy every domain that appears good value etc lolPred

Well, I dont think thats a silly argument at all, I actually think thats the most valid argument, because if you think a domain is really a steal or really mispriced, you are buying it with money you need to borrow like people do with real estate, another thing is exactly the rule of the market..if nobody bids more than 5k..its not worth more than 5k...

H2FC

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I bought every domain I thought was a good value I would be domain rich but cash poor...lol

Which....come to think of it...is what I am anyway...lol

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you badly need the money take the offer and run...
If not wait for the next offers or send the name to auction to increase the end price.
But I think the .mobi bubble will eventually burst so i would not hold on to the name forever.

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends what you think about two possible scenarios:

1. Major depression in the near future - sell it and buy gold
2. Economy doing well or stable - keep it because third generation of cell phones is coming and is going to influence mobi market drastically.

(3. If you need cash - than doesn't matter - cash it)

Thanks

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends what you think about two possible scenarios:

1. Major depression in the near future - sell it and buy gold
2. Economy doing well or stable - keep it because third generation of cell phones is coming and is going to influence mobi market drastically.

(3. If you need cash - than doesn't matter - cash it)

Thanks

I hope you are joking, because .mobi has NOTHING to do with how the economy is developing, the only thing that matters is if the new tld will be accepted widely (beyond domain insiders) and if companies see the need for an additional tld although the latest technology seems to point in the direction that a website will just detect if a mobile device is accessing the site and display a different version if needed...

yoyosean

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
people have been saying that the .com domain bubble will burst for awhile now, when do you suppose that will happen?

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
people have been saying that the .com domain bubble will burst for awhile now, when do you suppose that will happen?

it did for .com stocks in 2000..where have you been? .mobis are nothing else than those stocks.., its a very risky investment, that might or might not pay off

yoyosean

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not quite sure what people mean when they say risky investment. I own 99% of my .mobi names for $19.00 I own approx. 400 sites, therefore I have less than $8000 invested if .mobi goes away tomorrow I have lost $8000 does that seem risky to you?

Now on the otherhand, if .mobi takes off and my sites are worth say $200 each, i have risked $8000 to make a $72000 profit, I will take that risk anyday of the week including holidays and weekends, where am I missing this risky theory that everybody keeps talking about. To me it seems more risky to not be involved than to be involved. Anyone?

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope you are joking, because .mobi has NOTHING to do with how the economy is developing, the only thing that matters is if the new tld will be accepted widely (beyond domain insiders) and if companies see the need for an additional tld although the latest technology seems to point in the direction that a website will just detect if a mobile device is accessing the site and display a different version if needed...

Economy is the only factor in this business. Depression (if happens) will not only hit .COM but, especially new TLDs.
Speculators or 'domain insiders' are following investment as well. Interactive mobile communication is already on its way but requires huge capital investment. If depression hits - investments are frozen, 3G has to wait a bit. In the opposite case - there will be wide market need for MOBI (COM is not going to be hurt - webmasters are going to be slowly adopting).
2000 bubble burst - was due to the economy as well, otherwise COMs wouldn't be back right now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom