Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Pool & Co. aka Momentous Group: Domainsatcost.ca, Rebel.com, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool.com is the selling side of the 'giant vampire squid' known as Momentous.

Thanks mainly to policies currently in place at CIRA, Momentous is permitted to own and operate a multitude of .ca domain name registrars, most with no purpose other than to hold a .ca registrar tag for getting winning slots in the TBR drop each Wednesday.

While there was some controversy recently when several TBR runs were delayed or deferred allegedly at the request of Momentous, the conglomeration of .ca registrars which comprise Pool are collectively quite effective in getting TBR domains from CIRA.

The cost of a TBR is set at $60 USD at this time, but given the current exchange rate and price increases at competing services in the United States, perhaps Pool will up their minimum bid to $69 or charge Canadian customers in Canadian dollars.

Pool is clearly more expensive than many other .ca TBR sites, but they appear to have the ability to draw good results.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One more thing:

There is already a thread on this elsewhere, but I will give a short recap of what Pool did for us a little while ago.

We were contacted by someone at Pool to ask why we were not directing some of our TBR business their way, and they go an earful about a matter from a couple of years earlier where a simple back order for a domain did not wind up with us, even after repeated contact with the company.

The individual did some research for himself and decided it was in their best interests to make up for the misunderstanding or error, depending upon which point of view you might have on the matter.

Pool went to the new registrant of that domain registration and bought it back.

I will repeat: they bought it back - and then they transferred it to us.

That is a stand-up act that very few other firms would follow, and is in marked contrast to several episodes at an Ottawa area competitor.

In this regard Pool stands above the others and is, in our view, worthy of trust.

Daddys4

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pool is great at catching names no complaints there. But there customer service is lacking. I have sent them several emails that have not been answered. Considering how much money they make from me. you figure they would make an effort to get back to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom