• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Pool.com marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

WotWot is verified member.

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
3,297
Reaction score
56
Anybody actually sold a name via Pool marketplace, seems weird that the "drops" are still commanding some very high prices and reasonable names on the marketplace not even getting bids.
 
The pool marketplace is so flooded with crap domains I don't think many people even look there.
 
Jeanco said:
The pool marketplace is so flooded with crap domains I don't think many people even look there.

Totally agree
 
I listed a good name and it went for $70. I won't list my domains there again.
 
Which do you like better? Catching the fish and eat it for dinner or having dinner and eat the bill?
 
[/QUOTE]Which do you like better? Catching the fish and eat it for dinner or having dinner and eat the bill?
That is great - I usually end up catching the fish, paying the fuel bill, grilling the fish and maybe if I am lucky getting a bite or two before they are gone - This Marketplace concept is good, just not thought out well at all. Steve
 
I had one name sold at Marketplace. However, it came back because the credit card
was fraudulent.

One of Manu's name was also involved with the same fraudulent buyer.
 
Listed 4, sold one at $70 for which I have not yet been credited with payment.
 
Wow.. the marketplace seems just dandy! *rolleyes*
 
I just put up glh.net starting at $60. I'll see what happens
 
This is kind of interesting. I've been posting for months some admittedly circumstantial evidence that many of the 'big bids' at Pool were either Pool staff running up the bids, or that Pool was 'rebating' the big players by some obscene amount to get the bid fever going.

So, now we have some of the SAME quality name, except that REAL money will have to be REALLY paid to the buyer. Shill bids and discounted buyers would be exposed immediately. Gee, guess what, the 'big spenders' aren't biting. What would be the explanation for that, if our theories are incorrect?
 
Listed Hxq.com the day the pool marketplace opened. Sold it a week later for $1650. Not a bad price really.

Stu
 
JuniperPark said:
So, now we have some of the SAME quality name, except that REAL money will have to be REALLY paid to the buyer. Shill bids and discounted buyers would be exposed immediately. Gee, guess what, the 'big spenders' aren't biting. What would be the explanation for that, if our theories are incorrect?

I dont' know one way or the other, but there is a difference in expiring domains which have exposure in hundreds of drop lists and whois databases that are being followed and domains not expiring listed on pool that are only seen by regular pool users.

What dissappoints me is the thousands of trash names that either namescout or pool have thrown into the list that you have to sort through to find a half descent one. I expected a short list of a couple hunded quality names, and there are thousands of horrible ones.
 
That's true adoptable... I thought there would only be quality names because of the higher listing fees... but looks like Pool & NameScout have ruined it themselves by chucking all their crap in there & just making it look like ebay or something.
 
Do some of the names listed in the Pool Marketplace belong to Pool?

The reason I ask is because I was trying to catch a name that dropped this week- I had the Godaddy Backorder and Namewinner, but not Pool because I didn't think the name was worth $60. GD and NW didn't come through, and almost immediately after the drop, the name appeared in the Pool marketplace- much too quickly for an individual to have caught the name and listed here.

Even if no one has the Pool backorder, doesn't it present a conflict of interest if Pool is catching names for itself? It puts them in the curious position of potentially being able to decide whether it is more profitable to catch the name for someone else or for their own account.

Are they a seller or a drop catcher? Is it ok for them to be both?
 
worldengine said:
Do some of the names listed in the Pool Marketplace belong to Pool? ...............
Are they a seller or a drop catcher? Is it ok for them to be both?


I also noticed that once. But, I don't follow the Pool marketplace anymore.

I speculate if someone puts it on their watchlist. And, then deletes it
a hour before drop time. They might go ahead and catch it. And, put it
in the marketplace.

The worst case scenerio, they have to delete it just before their 5 day cutoff
period. And, best case, they sell it for a profit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom